Gransnet forums

AIBU

to shout at Adele.......

(36 Posts)
FarNorth Mon 16-Nov-15 17:00:36

.......when she comes on the radio with "Hello, it's me, wail, wail, wail".
I tell her she needs to get over it and move on, and other less polite things. Clearly I'm not the target audience!!

ninathenana Tue 17-Nov-15 09:27:24

I love her voice and her individual style. As Iam says it's good she's not from the usual mould.
But I commented to DH that that green and gold brocade dress she's worn a couple of times looks like her grannies curtains. grin

bookdreamer Tue 17-Nov-15 10:25:45

Marmark1. Awful woman? You know her personally?

Eloethan Tue 17-Nov-15 12:19:19

I quite like some of her songs too but there seems to be little light and shade in her delivery of them. I have heard more subtle and moving renditions of some of her well known songs.

I went off her anyway when she complained about paying tax.

rosesarered Tue 17-Nov-15 18:21:40

Really don't know much about her, but didn't she sing the title song for the Bond movie Skyfall? which I thought was brilliant.

Ana Tue 17-Nov-15 18:25:28

Yes, it was OK, except for the 'when it tumbles' line sounding like 'when it tumboos'. It really irritated me, you'd think that for such a high-profile song someone would have made sure she got it right!

LullyDully Tue 17-Nov-15 18:39:21

I think Adele is very talented . she lives me goose bumps with her haunting voice. I don't think it would suit happy, poppy songs. I often listen to the last album. Good to hear her back for a while.

rosesarered Tue 17-Nov-15 19:36:46

I must listen to that song again, for the tumboos bit, does she maybe have a speech impediment?

Ana Tue 17-Nov-15 19:38:21

No. I think it's just her accent.

Ana Tue 17-Nov-15 19:38:54

Regional accent, I mean - Totteham.

gettingonabit Tue 17-Nov-15 21:11:44

I think it's a hard syllable to sing, particularly for a Londoner. The "l" sound kind of stops in the mouth.

Tony Hadley used to do it on "Gold" - indestructable came out as indestrucabooooo....his accent, I suppose. Irritated the hell out of me, for some reason.