Gransnet forums

AIBU

To complain about fundraisers knocking on my door at night

(29 Posts)
shabby Wed 10-Feb-16 11:07:59

I never usually open the door at night but as I was expecting a visitor when there was a knock on the front door I did open it and was very surprised and extremely annoyed to find a young woman campaigning for funds on behalf of Battersea Dogs and Cats Home. She was polite so no problem there but I personally have a problem with the timing and told her so in no uncertain terms.

I do not think that anyone should be knocking on doors at night campaigning for funds and I was shocked that BDCH has allowed this to happen especially given the negative publicity that charities have received recently regarding their fundraising activities. I have complained to BDCH and await their response.

What do you think?

annodomini Sat 02-Apr-16 00:35:07

PS I have a 'fish-eye' in the door so that I can see who's knocking and a chain so that I can only open it a few inches. I also keep the back door locked in case it's an attempt at a distraction burglary.

Sugarpufffairy Fri 08-Apr-16 23:21:55

I suppose I was hoping for too much to receive any response from Marie Curie after having a chugger at my door. No response at alll

shysal Sat 09-Apr-16 09:42:13

It was still daylight, but I had a chap wearing a Great Ormond Street sweatshirt at my door the other evening. I responded as usual by engaging the door chain and saying through the gap that I never do business at the door. It surprises me that it is worth their while, but they must receive enough donations to justify the practice.