Gransnet forums

AIBU

How did we do today ?

(35 Posts)
NanKate Mon 14-Mar-16 07:22:09

I know it is good that Companies now try to get feedback on their services but I am sick to death of the same companies asking the same questions. M and S is one of the worst. In our M and S Food Shop I am regularly asked to go online and give my feedback. When I complained that they were asking me too often the assistant said their bonuses related to how many positive comments they got !

I wonder if the staff of Boots are under the same scheme as they keep giving me receipts with their name written on it. They say that my name goes into a draw to win money. I wonder how many people actually win this money.

Teacher11 Wed 16-Mar-16 11:01:43

I give feedback when I have time as staff are often extremely pleasant and helpful and 'go the extra mile'. However, there is a difference between their helpful attitudes and the intrusive and often overlong feedback forms sent by e-mail where 'customer capture' and free market research seems to be the order of the day. Also, I find it comically overdone when I buy a penny widget from Amazon and I am asked how many stars I will give it and for a comment. Come on people: 'It's a widget. It got here. It works.'

kazzer Wed 16-Mar-16 13:10:30

Try dealing with Ford, so unhelpful, rude, "It's the way you drive the car", Motobility and RAC fantastic, Ford dealer rubbish

Kittycat Wed 16-Mar-16 14:26:03

Nice young man in John Lewis found a quiet room for our son with Aspergers (and severe OCD)and us to sit and explanation what was wrong with his laptop. He also wanted to ask advice on a phone. We were in there three hours, on a busy Saturday afternoon! Even got asked if would like a drink! Couldn't have asked for better service, so I have got a thank you card and am going to write letter to his manager to go with it. As ex John Lewis we know they don't get commission. But letting the managers know how good he was and will help his career. (Younger than son who 21).

Kittycat Wed 16-Mar-16 14:27:04

Ps They replaced laptop and helped him sort out phone!

grandma60 Wed 16-Mar-16 16:18:09

I often pop into the "Little Waitrose" for a few bits on my way home from work. It does amuse me when I then receive an email asking to write a review on a bag of basic parsnips or a bread roll.hmm

grannylyn65 Sun 20-Mar-16 17:49:45

On the ? today was asked, when I gave feedback could I give 9 or 10!!

grannylyn65 Sun 20-Mar-16 17:49:54

angry

Penstemmon Mon 21-Mar-16 09:55:18

We should not be praising baseline expectations but only service that is beyond expectation. If we praise a person for polite service with a smile it implies that is something special..and it should not be! That does not mean we cannot show our appreciation of good service by reciprocating with a courteos manner a good morning and a smile. smile

Penstemmon Mon 21-Mar-16 09:56:16

Courteous blush