Gransnet forums

AIBU

complaint made things worse!

(31 Posts)
Jane10 Tue 05-Jul-16 18:47:39

AIBU to expect that a complaint to an energy firm about being on too high a tariff should lead to a reduction not a £65 pcm increase!!

annsixty Wed 06-Jul-16 16:35:10

We changed from edf to BG as edf were constantly upping the monthly payments. They always backed down when I complained but, it was such a hassle.
I think I am going to have to start again when I feel better as we are paying £165 a month for dual fuel and are seldom much in credit except of course for summer months.

loopylou Wed 06-Jul-16 17:25:53

I was with First Utility but they kept saying I needed to pay more. When I changed to GB Energy not only did my dd drop from £125/month to £70, FU were hanging on to £586 of my money! I was absolutely furious.
My last bill from GBE was £46.23; we give a meter reading monthly and they tell me what I've used. Very simple.
Moneysaving expert's fuel club tell me when I should change. It is a totally painless process.

Jane10 Wed 06-Jul-16 17:43:32

Thanks Badenkate cheers!

TriciaF Wed 06-Jul-16 18:30:04

Glad it worked out for you, Jane10 . It's a stressful time.
I kept thinking, how will we manage if we don't get it sorted and run out of gas?

hallgreenmiss Wed 06-Jul-16 21:52:01

We've found Utility Warehouse good, the more services you take the more discounts you get. We have gas, electricity, phone and broadband with them.