Gransnet forums

AIBU

Shocking event

(55 Posts)
Sugarpufffairy Thu 11-Aug-16 21:23:12

I am writing this in a state of shock.
I have a family member who is quite frequently shouting and swearing at certain people including me and a "minor". It is for stupid reasons too. It is constant ridicule to the point where I feel that I do nothing right. The "minor" seems down but says little.
Today I was grabbed by the arm and forced around a bit. I have checked about 1 hours ago and I have 6 bruises.
Apart from the obvious thing of trying to keep well away from this person I just do not know what to do. I would be exposed to much worse if I say anything to anyone personal or official. I would have no faith in any agency being able to protect me from repercussions.
Any advice would be good. I have spoken to a Womens Group.
SPF

obieone Mon 29-Aug-16 20:19:34

Is it the same SW that you report to each time? Or/and the same office?
I dont know enough about SWs to know how the system works.

If you were to move to the seaside, would you still be in the same SW area/doctor's surgery?

Sorry to hear about all your troubles.

Sugarpufffairy Mon 29-Aug-16 20:39:25

Hi Obieone
It is the same Local Authority but has at times been different offices.
If I moved to the coastal areas I would be in a different Local Authority.
I am scared for DGC as there were bruises visible when at sports event. A certain party said that they might have done that. I have not said anything to family about what has happened to me or others.
I think I have to move and hope for the best. I cant cope with this and as I said elsewhere we have no rights or authorities over adult children
SPF

Jalima Mon 29-Aug-16 20:48:16

Oh dear SPF I don't know what to say that would be helpful. However, don't lose touch with them, because that poor child needs you, someone needs to be looking out for him.
Is there no-one else in your family who will be helpful?

Why oh why do SWs want to keep children with parents/step-parents who abuse them?

Sugarpufffairy Mon 29-Aug-16 21:14:03

Jalima = Thanks you for responding.
SW only know that I was bruised in an incident. Their response to that and other matters and the history with other children I tried to help is the reason why I was reluctant to seek any help from Dr Hospital or SW
I did not know about the bruises on DGC at the time of their visit, nor did I know about an incident which had taken place in DD and DGC house involving another adult and child. DGC's behaviour is very deteriorated and I was shocked.
I have been taking note that it is some considerable time since I was invited to the house as I have spoken out against the BF. I was invited today and I agreed but had had to complete something before leaving my house. I was told at lunchtime not to come. No reason given. I know that she picks up BF in the early afternoon. DD is also leaving work early to run BF to work. I am known not to be happy about this
especially as this co-insides with school out time and I was not allowed to meet them at sports activity
I am suspicious but I would not depend on SW to sort anything out properly