Gransnet forums

AIBU

to have tear in my eye?

(57 Posts)
Elrel Sat 17-Dec-16 14:04:04

I put card through neighbour's doors early this year. The three small boys opposite, in kinship care with their grandmother saw me approach their door and were very excited. I wished I'd had more for them
Today they are rushing about on their scooters, oldest paused when I went to my wheelie bin and yelled to the young man with them, 'Look, she's the one who send us a card, with penguins!' The others beamed at me too. I did so little and they are so pleased. I feel humble and tearful...

Yorkshiregel Mon 19-Dec-16 14:29:45

If you are good at knitting Eiri you could use up your left over wool and knit them a hat before the snow comes. You could then introduce yourself to their Grandma....a new friend for you too.

Yorkshiregel Mon 19-Dec-16 14:32:24

OR, if you are good at baking, make some muffins or biscuits?

Dandibelle Tue 20-Dec-16 06:03:25

Happy Christmas to you all and a happy, healthy and peaceful new year ???XX

constance Tue 20-Dec-16 13:47:13

I've bundled the grandbabies out for a walk and am meant to be catching up with work but got waylaid by this wonderful thread that is making me tearful and full of hope for the world! Gransnetters rock!

MountainAsh Tue 20-Dec-16 22:13:30

I managed to read four posts before my eyes filled up. Another three and I was sobbing. I can't see to read anymore. This shows the true meaning of Christmas.
Even if you don't celebate Christmas, helping one another is what we all should do. Big hugs to you all and a Happy Christmas.

Elrel Wed 21-Dec-16 15:22:10

Thank you to everyone on this thread, wonderful stories and suggestions. The spirit of Christmas is still here, such a welcome counterbalance to the spending and feeding frenzies! The simple gestures still count ???