Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to think it's wrong to have sugar lollies in the shape of a male appendage on sale in a gift shop aimed at familes, in reach of young children?

(58 Posts)
Smileless2012 Wed 22-Feb-17 18:07:54

Mr. S. and I went for a walk along the sea front and went into a gift shop selling a range of toys, sticks of rock and sweets clearly aimed at families.

We heard raucous laughter from 2 boys aged about 7 and 5 as one of them had picked up a large sugar lolly in the shape of a man's p...sshock; these were mixed in with others of various shapes. Their mother tried to laugh it off and repeatedly told the boy to put it back.

I approached the woman behind the counter and asked her if she thought it acceptable to have something like that on sale and within the reach of children. She said children couldn't reach them so I told her the 2 boys were laughing because one of them had picked one up. I told her I thought it disgusting to have them on sale in the first place. She responded by saying 'well you can't please everyone'. AIBU?

Rinouchka Thu 23-Feb-17 13:28:42

Agree with you, vampirequeen. Well done, Smileless2012!

eddiecat78 Thu 23-Feb-17 15:58:13

Going off subject a bit - I also object to decidedly dodgy birthday cards being mixed up with comical ones under the "Humourous" banner. That`s a shopping experience with my 93 year old father I don`t want again!
(Mind you - I`ve recently been searching online for "Adult Colouring Books" and that`s been a bit of an eye opener)

Iam64 Thu 23-Feb-17 19:55:52

PMG eddiecat - adult colouring books. Yuk and yuk again.

I realise this is probably a separate topic but I've been fairly p*****ed off by the focus on the recent film, the 2nd one in the Shades of Grey nonsense. How come it pushed at us as a romance, rather than a story of stalking and abuse?

eddiecat78 Fri 24-Feb-17 07:45:47

I feel I should clarify - I was actually looking for colouring books for adults - not "adult" colouring books!

Iam64 Fri 24-Feb-17 08:40:45

It never occurred to me otherwise eddiecat!

Smileless2012 Fri 24-Feb-17 13:56:52

We believe you eddiecatgrin.

Rosepug Sun 26-Feb-17 00:06:28

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.