Gransnet forums

AIBU

Who really gets up your nose ?

(106 Posts)
Floradora9 Tue 07-Mar-17 10:10:56

Every time I see Caitlin Moran's photo she is pulling a funny face. I see the same terrible photo in the Times every weekend and have yet to see her anywhere trying to looking normal . Perhaps she has image issues who knows but I refuse to read anything she writes because it makes me so mad.

grannylyn65 Wed 08-Mar-17 08:57:16

'On it ' !

MawBroon Wed 08-Mar-17 10:23:24

Maw Broon, who wants to be ordinary anyway

confusedconfusedconfused ???? ?

goldengirl Wed 08-Mar-17 11:05:56

Government agencies and others who don't take responsibility for their actions

Luckylegs9 Wed 08-Mar-17 16:20:06

Davina McCall, Jimmy Carr, Nicola Sturgeon, Katie Price. The first two I switch off before they open their mouths.

Chewbacca Wed 08-Mar-17 16:28:26

Nicola Sturgeon who increasingly reminds me of Jimmy Krankie
Jimmy Carr because his eyes alarm me
The Kardashians all of them
There may be more.....

Chewbacca Wed 08-Mar-17 16:30:17

Ah yes....Tony Blair because he's a wretched example of humanity

Nannanoo Wed 08-Mar-17 17:53:34

I am a very intolerant old bag, but I would put up with almost anyone who could vaporise the orange hell-beast presently masquerading as American President.

Nannanoo Wed 08-Mar-17 17:54:22

Except the Kardashians!

Megs36 Wed 08-Mar-17 19:45:27

Yay

MrsPeel Wed 08-Mar-17 20:48:19

Sorry Greyduster can't agree with you about Chris Packham. Hubby and me spent a day on safari and dinner with him in South Africa. He was most entertaining. I never watch him on telly though smile grin

MrsPeel Wed 08-Mar-17 20:49:43

I can't stand Tony Blair

MissAdventure Wed 08-Mar-17 21:41:20

Davina McCall and Lorraine Kelly, Paris Hilton, Mariah Carey, Barbara Windsor..

Judthepud2 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:34:14

Bluebell you objected to people taking their dogs for walks in prams. Here is a photo of my dog in her pram. There is a reason for this. Her back legs were paralysed in an accident and she couldn't go for walks. The pram meant she could get out and get some fresh air and company. She also wears a nappy because she is incontinent. A woman stopped me and soundly berated me for spoiling my dog by treating her like a baby! She was very apologetic when I explained the situation. You might find there is a good reason for dogs in prams.

Anniebach Wed 08-Mar-17 22:42:29

Carol Malone, will she ever stop screeching

Judthepud2 Wed 08-Mar-17 22:43:41

Flying in the face of all those objecting to this thread because it is intolerant, I have no shame is stating clearly and categorically that the current POTUS really, really, really gets up my nose. No apologies from me for this post. Sorry not sorry grin

Cunco Wed 08-Mar-17 23:33:43

James O'Brien of LBC after being stuck in a dentist's chair for 90 minutes recently, listening to him on drone on with no opportunity for me to speak, answer or turn him off.

I too am not a fan of Giles Brandreth but I saw him speak at an "Oldies' lunch and he was very funny. Poor Terry Wogan was the main speaker and he had to admit that the warm act had stolen the show.

Hopehope Wed 08-Mar-17 23:39:12

I would agree with Donald trump, and Katie Price, oh and throw in Madona for good measure, Prince Andrew, I can think oh heaps more, didn't realise I disliked so many !!

Hopehope Wed 08-Mar-17 23:41:45

That is very sad about your Dog, Jud. what is the prognosis? Is the paralysis to do with the Spine, or something that will perhaps heal over time with physio and patience? I really hope the latter, She looks a sweetie x

absent Thu 09-Mar-17 04:33:55

I don't think anyone really gets up my nose – but it is quite a small nose, so perhaps there is not room.

I very rarely watch television so I'm pretty ignorant about so-called celebrities. I do remember Mr absent watching the Graham Norton Show a while ago. Mr Norton made a stupid joke about [technologically inept] pensioner women and computers and I thought "What an arsehole". But he is not up my nose and I wouldn't have watched his programme anyway because it's not the sort of stuff I like.

So life's too short and I'm too old to put anything up my nose, whether a tiresome television presenter, a heap of beans or a line of coke.

Carolyn1 Thu 09-Mar-17 10:50:30

Agree about John Humphreys and in fact most of the Today team, who are totally up themselves and really irritating – with their aggressive style of interviewing politicians they don't like and their constant butting in when we're trying to listen to an intelligent response. Apart from Nick Robinson that is, who has brought a blast of fresh air into the programme. Just hope he manages to remains fairly neutral and continues his non-aggressive approach .

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 09-Mar-17 11:20:06

Katie Hopkins is being sued for libel by Jack Monroe. Hoping Jack wins. wink

Katie Price
Sarah Vine
Jonathan Ross
Keith Lemon

Might post more names later. grin

WilmaKnickersfit Thu 09-Mar-17 11:21:50

Ian Duncan Smith
Jeremy Hunt
Michael Gove

Jaxie Thu 09-Mar-17 18:44:39

It's the blank- eyed Holly Willoughby who irritates me, plus Zoe Ball and her pumped up delivery and Claudia Winkelman with her ridiculous fringe and panda eyes.

Jalima Thu 09-Mar-17 18:46:03

Sometimes when they look 'blank-eyed' they are reading from the auto-cue

SparklyGrandma Thu 09-Mar-17 19:02:26

This is a terrible thread, but like MawBroon here is my list;

Ant and Dec - what is that about?
Farage (and have you noticed his teeth hmm

and I used to love his group the police but I find Sting smug..seeing him talk about preserving the rainforest made me think the opposite.

grin