Gransnet forums

AIBU

Who really gets up your nose ?

(106 Posts)
Floradora9 Tue 07-Mar-17 10:10:56

Every time I see Caitlin Moran's photo she is pulling a funny face. I see the same terrible photo in the Times every weekend and have yet to see her anywhere trying to looking normal . Perhaps she has image issues who knows but I refuse to read anything she writes because it makes me so mad.

Jayanna9040 Thu 23-Mar-17 18:51:08

People who sit and chat through children's performances at school - until their child comes on! And then get up and leave when their child has done their bit!! Guess where Ive been today. angry

Jalima Thu 23-Mar-17 19:25:28

grannysyb smug? self-satisfied? unctuous, saccharine?

Means the same really wink

But I did like him as the lawyer in that Norfolk programme, what was it called again?

Jalima Thu 23-Mar-17 19:26:37

Jayanna9040 shock
Everyone sits all through our DGD's plays, performances and applauds like mad!

How rude!

Jalima Thu 23-Mar-17 19:30:40

But just to judge someone on the way they appear (smug and oily is an example) then that is not acceptable and these people have no right of response
hmm Anya but I doubt any of us know any of the people who get up our nose

And smug and oily could be an opinion formed from seeing someone on television and the way they behave, not just from appearance.

One person's smug and oily could be another person's charming of course!

Ana Thu 23-Mar-17 19:40:52

I agree that Stephen Fry came across as smug and oily when hosting the QI programme. Nothing to do with his looks - just his attitude and tone of voice.

But I have seen him on other programmes (yes, what was that Norfolk thing - it was ages ago I think?) where he seems completely different. And likeable!