Gransnet forums

AIBU

Sad message............. ..........one of our Gnetters has passed away *Falconbird*

(65 Posts)
bikergran Sat 08-Apr-17 08:59:33

Opened my emails this morning to find a message form one of our gnetters sons informing myself that she had passed away on the 28th March.

He did ask to pass on to any friends that I know of, also he may not be aware of gransnet or may not have the password therefore I am passing the sad news on.He has given me details of the funeral on the 20th April which is around the Shropshire area.

Her name as we knew her was Falconbird a kind gentle lady who was bereaved around 4 years ago and missed her dh terribly but gave me and another friend support when we ourselves were bereaved.

We once joked very early on on the Bereavement thread that we all had a link with Llandudno as it was a place we had all visited with our dhs before they passed away, we joked we would all meet there one day in our night attire and dance along the prom smile

It feels strange that you can feel so sad even though you have never met the person.

We emailed for a while and then of course people sort of get on with other things and family life. It was only last week that I thought "Oh I must message ??? " but of course too late now .

flowers

Welshwife Sat 08-Apr-17 09:09:20

Thank you for passing the message on Biker - as soon as I saw the name I realised she had not posted for a while.

Are you OK ? I have not see anything from you for a bit but I don't read all the threads.

X X

MawBroon Sat 08-Apr-17 09:12:35

Always sad to hear
flowers

Riverwalk Sat 08-Apr-17 09:16:11

I'm sad to hear that news.

I remember Falcon as being the lady who was widowed then sold-up and moved to a flat and had some sort of estrangement from one of her sons. I hope she was at peace when she died. flowers

bikergran Sat 08-Apr-17 09:20:06

Hi all...yes I think Falconbird was ok family wise, she was such a gentle kind person. Yes Riverwalk your right, she did move to a flat and seemed quite happy there.I don't think she got over the loss of her dh.

whitewave Sat 08-Apr-17 09:30:33

I remember falconbird from a while back. When people stop posting I hope its because they prefer not to rather than illness.

RIP falcon

Greyduster Sat 08-Apr-17 09:32:33

I remember Falconbird as being a prolific poster at one time. I am so very sorry to hear she has died.

merlotgran Sat 08-Apr-17 09:33:21

Sad news. Condolences to her family flowers

Riverwalk Sat 08-Apr-17 09:35:56

biker if the sons don't know about Gransnet I think it best not to tell them. smile

Luckygirl Sat 08-Apr-17 09:40:18

That is sad news indeed. Thank you for letting us all know.

Anniebach Sat 08-Apr-17 09:42:34

Rest in peace Falconbird

shysal Sat 08-Apr-17 09:55:39

Sad news sad. Thanks for passing it on Biker.

Stansgran Sat 08-Apr-17 09:57:55

Thank you for letting people know. I hope all is going well with you Biker

morethan2 Sat 08-Apr-17 10:11:10

I'm sorry to hear this sad news. It sounds as if she did give and receive some comfort and support from gransnet. I remember her post after her husband death and her concerns about moving. I do hope that she found some peace and happiness in the last few years. Condolences to her family and friends. I'm not surprised that you feel sad bikergran lots of use the site for expressing our feelings and although it's anonymous it can also be quite intimate (I know that's a contradiction but I don't know how else to express it) I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things were going. I followed your job hunting journey. I hope your well.

bikergran Sat 08-Apr-17 10:11:16

yes thanks...flowers

ninathenana Sat 08-Apr-17 10:19:49

RIP Falconbird

I do remember seeing her posts but thats all.
flowers biker

gillybob Sat 08-Apr-17 10:25:52

Thank you for passing on this sad news bikergran sad

Rest in Peace dear Falconbird

Ana Sat 08-Apr-17 10:29:34

I'd noticed Falcolnbird not been posting recently, she did seem a lovely lady, I think she and I lost our DHs at around the same time. Hope she's at peace now...

rosesarered Sat 08-Apr-17 10:47:05

I remember that she did post a lot at one time, and I thought that she was an older poster, but did not actually 'know her' as it were.RIP ?

bikergran Sat 08-Apr-17 12:30:53

Thank you for all your kind words, I'm sure it would bring her family some comfort but of course we cannot divulge anything just in case Falconbird wanted it that way...I never actually met, but as with many on gnet we can form a virtual bond with people almost like pen friends.smile

bfn take care all ..

baubles Sat 08-Apr-17 12:32:31

I'm sorry to hear this, thank you for letting us know biker.

thatbags Sat 08-Apr-17 12:35:18

RIP, Falconbird. Thank you for letting us know, biker.

Maggiemaybe Sat 08-Apr-17 12:45:30

I'm sorry to hear this. RIP Falconbird.

annsixty Sat 08-Apr-17 13:01:47

Sad news of a GNer. We do get to know of each other virtually. I don't think she was very old. Well not to me anyway.
I have resolved to tell my D to inform you all if I "go suddenly".

TerriBull Sat 08-Apr-17 13:08:01

Oh sorry to read this, I think I read some of her posts after her husband died. There have been a handful of deaths of posters on GN that we know about and it's always sad to read about them.