Gransnet forums

AIBU

Sad message............. ..........one of our Gnetters has passed away *Falconbird*

(66 Posts)
bikergran Sat 08-Apr-17 08:59:33

Opened my emails this morning to find a message form one of our gnetters sons informing myself that she had passed away on the 28th March.

He did ask to pass on to any friends that I know of, also he may not be aware of gransnet or may not have the password therefore I am passing the sad news on.He has given me details of the funeral on the 20th April which is around the Shropshire area.

Her name as we knew her was Falconbird a kind gentle lady who was bereaved around 4 years ago and missed her dh terribly but gave me and another friend support when we ourselves were bereaved.

We once joked very early on on the Bereavement thread that we all had a link with Llandudno as it was a place we had all visited with our dhs before they passed away, we joked we would all meet there one day in our night attire and dance along the prom smile

It feels strange that you can feel so sad even though you have never met the person.

We emailed for a while and then of course people sort of get on with other things and family life. It was only last week that I thought "Oh I must message ??? " but of course too late now .

flowers

Nelliemoser Sun 09-Apr-17 23:39:37

How sad. I remember Falconbird. RIP
I have only just caught up after being away.

Day6 Mon 10-Apr-17 00:32:46

Such sad news. RIP Falconbird. As mentioned, you can form a bond with other posters so virtual hugs to those who knew her through Gransnet.

Faye Mon 10-Apr-17 05:46:06

So sad, I remember Falconbird and am sorry to hear she has died. Passing away peacefully at home is how we would all like to go. RIP Falconbird flowers

rubylady Mon 10-Apr-17 14:20:29

My thought go to Falconbird's family at this sad time and to you too biker as you seemed close to her.

Maybe we should all reflect on how this website has brought people into our lives who we share common bonds with and help along life's rough highway, giving companionship, support and love to each other.

We can take some comfort in knowing that Falconbird sought and was given love from friends on here at her darkest times. She is now re-united with her darling husband and hopefully at peace. flowers

I, for one, thank you all for your friendships. Xxx

Yogagirl Tue 11-Apr-17 08:24:10

RIP Falconbird flowers

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 11-Apr-17 09:44:49

Such sad news sad Our condolences to Falconbird's friends and family flowers

nanaK54 Tue 11-Apr-17 11:37:09

What a lovely post rubylady

RIP falconbird

millymouge Tue 11-Apr-17 11:53:00

I remember on one site where someone asked about how we got our usernames. Falconbird said she always liked mine it sounded rather continental, and I remember saying how I had always thought hers sounded like a bird flying free in flight. She is free to be with her dear husband now. R.I.P * Falconbird*

Marelli Tue 11-Apr-17 12:03:59

Falconbird was with us for a long time. Rest in peace.

Marmight Tue 11-Apr-17 12:58:11

That is very sad news. She and I were widowed at about the same time if I remember rightly. RIP Falconbird - fly free ?

Antonia Tue 11-Apr-17 13:33:30

RIP Falconbird. I remember reading a post where she said she was lying awake in turmoil after her DH passed away. They are reunited now. flowers Condolences to her family.

Starlady Thu 13-Apr-17 15:32:15

Just saw this. How sad. I'm fairly new here, so I didn't really know Falconbird, but I feel for their family and friends, anyhow.

How thoughtful of her son to let you know about her passing. And how thoughtful of you to share the info with us.

TriciaF Thu 13-Apr-17 18:01:19

"Just saw this." And me.
Condolences to the family, a lovely lady. flowers

Purpledaffodil Thu 13-Apr-17 18:19:25

How thoughtful of you to share the sad news bikergran. I think the post from rubylady says it all. RIP Falconbird flowers

Willow500 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:59:47

So sad to hear. It's good that you have been able to share this with everyone so that they are aware of her passing and her family would be comforted to know so many found her so well thought of. In these days of social media it's easy to have connections with people you don't actually know and then to wonder when they disappear. I remember when 9/11 happened a lot of people were devastated to eventually discover their cyber friends had been taken - you don't have to have a physical connection to make friends. RIP Falconbire flowers