Gransnet forums

AIBU

To think it's an absolute disgrace that Parliament can't sit?

(36 Posts)
Rigby46 Thu 15-Jun-17 09:28:16

We still don't know when the QS will be - that can't be agreed until the agreement with the DUP is sorted out - TM and her MPs can not being held to account by Parliament at the moment - whither democracy? I have this dream of Her Maj calling her to Buck House and giving her 24 hours to get an agreement or she'll send for Jeremy

Anya Tue 20-Jun-17 07:51:43

yggdrasil don't waste your breath finger, typing responses to SAAK. You cannot argue a logical point with someone who is unwilling to even consider another's perspective.

whitewave Tue 20-Jun-17 08:12:27

So no QS next year then?

The behind the scenes will be nothing to worry about as in front of stage they do a very good job of showing what headless chickens look like.

Anyone know how in the event of a two year parliament they intend to collect the tax for year 18/19?

GracesGranMK2 Tue 20-Jun-17 19:07:52

No Queen's speech next year it the Conservatives are still in power whitewave smile

stillaliveandkicking Thu 22-Jun-17 00:33:23

As I said... I don't rely on the press.

stillaliveandkicking Thu 22-Jun-17 00:45:15

Did you not hear what came out of the awful man's mouth recently yygdrasil. If you didn't think that was "riot inciting" after the recent fire tragedy I don't know where you are coming from at all. If labour did actually get in I'd be ashamed to be English.

yggdrasil Thu 22-Jun-17 08:08:26

I've been ashamed to be British ( not English) for some time, since the referendum unleashed all the hatred and bigotry towards those regarded as 'differen't.
Maybe you would like to put a link to what you find so objectionable in Corbyn's speech, because I have no idea what you are talking about.

whitewave Thu 22-Jun-17 08:19:05

Ukip and its ilk are certainly beginning to fade into no existence -and not before time.

GracesGranMK2 Thu 22-Jun-17 08:27:02

"Amazing how the press two weeks ago told us that Corbyn was almost a messiah, it's now been shown that he's truly a marxist that was trying to actually incite riots, he even practically admitted it. I personally don't rely on the "press"

You certainly don't rely on facts SAAK. You tell us what the press is saying and then say you don't agree. That's an opinion and one you are entitled to hold. However, having relied on the press to make your argument you then say you don't rely on the press. Giving an opinion not based on fact is just a prejudice but giving opinion and then rubbishing your source is something else entirely.

whitewave Thu 22-Jun-17 08:37:10

grin good post gg

POGS Thu 22-Jun-17 11:51:00

Good to see Dianne Abbott taking her role as Shadow Home Secretary in the House at today's sitting.