Gransnet forums

AIBU

A minor thing but

(34 Posts)
kezia Tue 01-Aug-17 16:59:57

A friend has just asked me to look after her dog for a couple of hours whilst she nips into town to pick up an order. It's something I do often and the dog sees this as her second home. However when I opened the door the dog came in and was filthy! Obviously she'd just been for a walk and had been playing in the mud. I know that the response from my friend will be ' the mud just falls off her when she dries' but AIBU to think she should have attempted to clean off the dog before delivering her? Im not the most house proud person but really!

Penstemmon Wed 02-Aug-17 14:20:08

www.fruugo.co.uk/rowlinson-large-wooden-dog-kennel/p-4126102-9338548?utm_campaign=PROMO&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI797G3dG41QIVTbXtCh1pUw3SEAQYBCABEgI_O_D_BwE

Sorry!

kezia Wed 02-Aug-17 14:20:41

I really like the idea of not taking off my shoes next time I visit her - it's very definitely a shoe free house smile
I think she was just being thoughtless and I don't think the situation will arise again. The dog was being left for the evening hence the request for me to have her during the afternoon.

Gemmag Wed 02-Aug-17 17:17:30

Mammabear..... come on, pungent dog!!!. My lovely BT dog is sitting next to me on the sofa right now and I can honestly say that he is cleaner than a lot of people you meet on the street. Honestly I've just had a sniff and nothing!. As clean as a whistle.
Kezia..,,,,, Next time ask your very ungrateful friend to bring a towel with her and be sure to ask her to rub the dog down herself before she leaves your house.

FarNorth Wed 02-Aug-17 17:32:06

It's a shoe free house? So is she okay with her dog being muddy in it, until the mud drops off on her carpets!
Even if she is, it's rudeness to expect you to put up with it.

mammabear Wed 02-Aug-17 17:46:38

Hi Gemmag, my dogs are not pungent either-all three of them, and you are right some people pong more!!!cos they neither wash nor clean their teeth.
We are obviously particular about our dogs daily grooming.

TriciaF Wed 02-Aug-17 18:09:46

Talking about pungent dogs - our border collie has just come up to me all excited. She has a special sound to tell me she's just found something nice to eat. Her breath stinks of rotten meat/bones etc but she thinks it's delicious. Can she have some more?

sweetcakes Wed 02-Aug-17 22:10:38

? ? ?. I have a collie to so I know what you mean.

maddy629 Thu 03-Aug-17 06:41:46

kezia I don't think it's a minor thing, it's rude and thoughtless, sounds like she's taking advantage of your kindness. I have two cats and don't allow dogs into my house, no matter who they belong to.