Gransnet forums

AIBU

To walk out of hairdressers?

(54 Posts)
Kateykrunch Fri 11-Aug-17 14:02:55

I eventually found a haridressers and went 8 weeks ago and i was really pleased that the hairdresser understood what I wanted and cut and coloured it just right and with a view to eventsully going lighter and lighter each time so that my grey growth wasn't so obvious on my dark hair, she did some foils and highlights and the colour and she cut and finished it the best I have ever had and it has been just what I wanted. I made another appointment with her for today, but when I got there I was told she was on holiday. The trainee was going to do my hair, there was no qualified staff there, but, she had no idea what had been done before, I found it difficult to explain the technique that had been done before, the trainee said the only way to go lighter was to bleach!, but I had gone lighter with the process 8 weeks ago and just wanted the same again, but she said it was impossible to do without stripping my hair of colour first. So I politely said that I would prefer to just leave it, she asked if I wanted to book for next week with the hairdresser I thought I had booked today, I said I would just leave it, blinking heck.

Luckylegs9 Sun 13-Aug-17 07:22:03

Although the original hairdresser did your hair beautifully, it was so out of order for her to leave an unsupervised trainee with responsibility. I would have walked like you. What that hairdresser did was not fair on that trainee, not able to cope, she needs to find a salon test takes responsibility for their trainees and not use them as cheap labour when they are off work for any reason. If the poor trainee had ruined your hair, it would not have been her fault and you would have been left with problems. I had my hair cut short, soon growled, love the grey now, it looks like streaks, lots of my dark blonde left. Every major town has a training academy for students, a third year us best, their work is supervised from start to finished by their Assessor, only dobe after a full consultation etween, Assessor, trInee and yourself, takes a little longer, but you will be pleased with the result. If you don't want to do that, go to the qualified stylist in one of their salons.

Luckylegs9 Sun 13-Aug-17 07:24:10

Sorry for the typing errors, hope you got what I said though. The I pad has a will of its own and alters what I type.

SueD Sun 13-Aug-17 19:38:06

Really feeling very nervous having read all these comments. I have very recently moved to live in another country. My previous hairdresser, who has done my hair for the last seven years gave me the card with my colour details on so hopefully that shouldnt be a problem. However the cut may well be an issue. The very best haircut I have had in recent years was in New Zealand but a bit far to travel every six weeks to say nothing of the expense!