Gransnet forums

AIBU

...to resent having to doublecheck EVERYTHING?

(53 Posts)
LadyO Wed 06-Sep-17 12:24:17

Doing quite a big shop in Boots, paid with debit card at the desk and thought "that's a lot more than I thought it would be..." checked receipt and I'd been overcharged by £23... (same item scanned 3 times). Got a refund. Went to Starbucks for quick lunch, paid, thought "that doesn't seem right", sure enough, charged twice for my yoghurt! Both 'mistakes' within 10 mins! Moral: CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS angry

Elrel Mon 25-Sep-17 12:44:49

Lily - yes, I'm the other person ostentatiously waving my £20 (or £10) saying loudly 'Sorry, I'm having to give you £20 (or £10)!' Especially in markets!
Yesterday in the Co-Op I bought a few things including a pack of yoghurts reduced from £3.99 to £2.99. At home as I was about to put the receipt into paper recycling I checked it, for once. I'd been charged the full price. The reason was obvious when I looked at the outer of the packing, the reduced sticker with barcode did not cover the original barcode. One more thing to check in the shop!

Beau Mon 25-Sep-17 13:05:16

I always check every receipt - just last week a £2.99 baby bath oil came up as £3.99 in Savers and nappy bags priced at 95p on the shelf ticket scanned as 99p each in Aldi. I always ask for the money back even if it's a few pence because it's the principle that annoys me, putting a cheaper price on the shelf ticket is a fraudulent practice at the end of the day.