Gransnet forums

AIBU

....to feel disappointed?

(132 Posts)
Luckygirl Fri 13-Oct-17 18:09:34

When I lived in the nearby village (where we had been many years) I was for a long time part of a poetry group - there were five of us and I enjoyed it immensely. We would study a poet each month and write poetry on a particular theme. At the point where I moved to the next village, the person running it emailed us all to say that she thought it was time to end the group as people were so busy - fine, no problem. I owuld have been happy to go over there for the group, as indeed I continue to do for several other activities. I discovered today that in fact it has been continuing with 3 of them and it was a maneouvre to ditch me and another woman.

It is not the end of the world, and these 3 individuals took a rather poncy approach to poetry which did not always sit easily with me; but I find it very disappointing that they were so underhand about it. I now know that the other "reject" was upset about it.

It is always hard when people let you down, even over small things.

Bathsheba Sat 10-Feb-18 10:18:22

And before any grammarians pick me up on it, I see a full stop where there should have been a comma, after 'ex friends'. Quite literally a slip of the finger!

Luckygirl Sat 10-Feb-18 11:52:43

Good ole Gransnet indeed!

All human life is here!

Bridgeit Sat 10-Feb-18 14:27:14

Lovely observation & post Bathsheba. ?

Bathsheba Sat 10-Feb-18 20:00:48

Thank you Bridgeit smile

DanniRae Sun 11-Feb-18 12:10:41

Yes Bathsheba - I agree with Bridgeit!!

Elrel Sun 11-Feb-18 18:19:46

OMG - I have been flamed on Gransnet! Maybe 'slightly singed' would be more accurate. Happy to be included!!