Gransnet forums

AIBU

Revenge

(28 Posts)
NanKate Tue 31-Oct-17 14:35:33

I am a non church going Christian who tries to live by Christian values. However I am shocked with my feelings of hatred and revenge I have for two people who have caused one of my family deep distress, mental cruelty and humiliation. It has affected me and DH too and we are only just keeping our heads above water.

I do not want to go further into the details of what has happened but my mind is full of ways to seek revenge. Words I would like to use when I am confronted by them. I feel ashamed at my thoughts and my need to seek redress for their cruel actions.

Of course I won't do anything as other close family members are involved.

Have any of you sought revenge and did it help ?

NanKate Tue 31-Oct-17 22:11:57

Thank you all so much.

I started the day feeling terrible fielding texts and emails from 06.30 onwards but between DH and myself we have managed to calm things down, help write difficult emails and generally be good listeners and give advice as and when sought.

I didn't want to burden my supportive friends in case I bore them to death with my woes. So I turned to you and you did not disappoint. You gave sensible advice and I will keep my cool.

It's hard to name you all but a BIG THANKS to everyone and to Kitty and Anya who have both listened to my moans and groans over recent times.

DH wisely said that no one was dying and although we were having a really rough time, we had to get it in perspective so I have made an effort to stop blubbing and get on with life.

Goodnight GN friends.

Barmyoldbat Wed 01-Nov-17 16:20:22

Yes Kate ont let it take over your life. My sons step daughter made the families life hell, so much so that Social Services asked us to be a safe house for the younger children when needed. She assaulted me twice, damaged my car so much it was written off and plagued me with phone calls. I kept quiet and each time called the police and she was charged each time. I vowed never to speak or acknowledge her again and the only time I took revenge was when the police were looking for her to arrest her I directed them to her place of study and they went into her class and she was arrested in front of her friends. I feel so much better through just not having her in my life.