Gransnet forums

AIBU

To be so excited that.....

(63 Posts)
grannyactivist Sat 04-Nov-17 15:05:51

.... today, aged sixty four years, two months and four days old I have finally become......a Pensioner?
No, I know I'm not being unreasonable really, but I am genuinely delighted and excited that at last I can get my bus pass. I live in Devon where public transport is eye-wateringly expensive and the bus pass means that I can travel much more than I have been able to. grin
Had my birthday been on the 6th, rather than the 2nd of September I would have had to wait until next March!

MissAdventure Mon 06-Nov-17 10:00:44

I just hope I'm still able to walk to the bus stop my the time I get mine!

Suebcrafty Mon 06-Nov-17 11:03:13

You are lucky to get your bus pass at this age as here in Runnymede,in Surrey,you wouldn’t qualify until your 67th Birthday ?

grannyactivist Mon 06-Nov-17 14:23:07

Suebcrafty the age at which you are eligible for getting your bus pass is your state pensionable age; hence even if I lived in Runnymede I would still be entitled as I am now of pensionable age. I guess you're a few years younger than me.

Mynxie Mon 06-Nov-17 17:55:18

I got mine on Saturday too! I feel like framing it, I’m so excited except then I couldn’t use it!

jeanie99 Tue 07-Nov-17 01:12:51

I received my pass at 60 yrs and have enjoyed being able to travel on buses without having the pay the high cost it would be where we live.

NannyJan53 Tue 07-Nov-17 09:13:48

My birthdate is 20th September. So I have to wait until next March ( I will be 64 1/2) hmm

Legs55 Sun 12-Nov-17 18:53:42

I've got to wait 3 years & 9 months for mine, I was born July 1955 so have to wait until 2021 for my State Pension, a year longer than initial plans thanks David Cameron. I drive but am on a 1 year Licence. I live in Devon we do have a (an expensive) bus service. Can't wait for my bus pass.

Maggiemaybe Mon 13-Nov-17 08:31:50

Me neither, Legs55. I popped over to feed my DS's cat while they were away for the weekend and it cost nearly £6 on the bus, even though they're just 5 miles away. Getting there involves a journey via at least two, sometimes three, different bus companies, so I can't get a cheap ticket. angry Poor old Leo had to fend for himself on Sunday!

grannyactivist Fri 08-Dec-17 13:11:22

It's arrived!! Yippeee!!! My bus pass is here at last and I shall be taking the bus into town in half an hour. tchgrintchgrintchgrin

Squiffy Fri 08-Dec-17 13:27:49

Enjoy your adventure into town! tchsmile

MissAdventure Fri 08-Dec-17 13:31:52

Have a lovely time!

newnanny Fri 08-Dec-17 13:32:48

My sister, also lives in Devon, does have to wait until March but as a personal protest she gave her notice and worked last day on Wednesday. Good for you. Enjoy your new freedom and no need to go out when it is freezing cold unless you want to.