Gransnet forums

AIBU

making xmas presents?

(56 Posts)
judypark Fri 10-Nov-17 15:45:58

I think it's a lovely idea and shows how much thought and planning has gone into your gift to them.
I make lots of pickles, relishes and chutneys from stuff we grow on our allotment and make up hampers for family and friends. These are always well received. Go for it.

bobbin Fri 10-Nov-17 15:45:42

50! wow bluebell that is dedication. How lovely

BlueBelle Fri 10-Nov-17 15:45:04

Great I don’t make present but I do make all my birthday and Christmas cards and now half way through 50 Christmas cards Everyone seems to like them I have a different theme each year and I ve had friends tell me that they have saved all my cards since I started

BBbevan Fri 10-Nov-17 15:43:36

No it is not miserly at all. The presents will be made with love and will be very special.

janetta46 Fri 10-Nov-17 15:42:01

Go for it. It's not at all miserly, on the contrary it is giving far more of your time and thought than those who just pick something in a shop or internet site or, horrors, buy a gift voucher.

bobbin Fri 10-Nov-17 15:25:46

After a bit of a rocky year in terms of finances, I'm thinking of making my family's christmas presents this year. I'm a keen crafter and think I can make a good job of things that they'll really like. When i mentioned this to a friend yesterday, she looked at me like I'd said I was getting them a lump of coal each!

Is it miserly to make their xmas presents? I had thought it was more personal, but now I have my doubts confused