Gransnet forums

AIBU

Thing and People I do not want to see or hear about in 2018

(64 Posts)
Floradora9 Fri 22-Dec-17 09:33:24

Firstly I especially do not want to see a thread I have started suddenly appear on face book without my permission
I do not want to see another " cute" pictute of pug dogs on mugs , beding etc. The same goes for unicorns and elf on the shelf and who wants Christmas bedding that will only be used at Christmas ?
I hope never to hear about Katie Hopkins or the Kardashians and please no more comparing Meggan with Kate .
There must be plenty more to add to the list so feel free.

henetha Sat 30-Dec-17 11:53:07

More tolerance, less grumbling.
No more "Gender Neutral" nonsense.
No more hounding of men who were silly rather than harmfull.
No more sabre rattling by men with the power to destroy the world.
No more drunken behaviour on our streets.
Donald Trump.

Witzend Sat 30-Dec-17 12:20:11

So many already mentioned, inc. the endless cookery programmes and 'celebs' - I hate that word! - however I do avoid watching/reading about those anyway.

Jamie Oliver - used to like him but IMO he's over exposed, ditto some of the BBC2 and BBC 4 presenters who I find irritating (I am easily irritated these days!) but watch anyway because the subjects of the documentaries are interesting.

Very long posts with no paragraphs! Not just on this forum, I hasten to add.

Brexit - I know I should be keeping myself informed but I am SO sick of hearing about it and there's nothing I can do about any of it anyway.

angie95 Sun 31-Dec-17 12:40:27

TRUMP!! PLEASE somebody, anybody send him into space!!

angie95 Sun 31-Dec-17 12:41:33

I agree with all of these posts!

NannyTee Sun 31-Dec-17 14:57:09

Yes, a one way ticket to the moon.wink

M0nica Sun 31-Dec-17 16:51:12

maryeliza, Someone, I cannot remember his name, was convicted and fined for putting his hand on a woman's knee at a party where the guests were playing some game.

There was a GN thread on the conviction.
www.gransnet.com/forums/ask_a_gran/a1241086-Hand-on-knee-assault .

My experience of sexual harrassment is limited to one or two minor incidents of wandering hands. I just brushed the wandering hand away or moved. A number of women, recently, have described how traumatised they were by similar trivial incidents.

I think it is does a terrible disservice to those women who have been the victims of serious sexual assault or harassment to treat these trivial events, which were considered unremarkable at the time, although, quite rightly, not now, as if they were equally serious assaults.

W11girl Mon 01-Jan-18 12:56:37

I must say I need to keep Trump and Farage in my sights..so I won't get rid of them. However I agree with everyone else about "Celebrity celebrities".

No more "National Treasures" for me:
Holly Willoughby who pops up on our screens all the time.

Ore, who won Strictly last year, popping up all over the TV/Radio

Ed Balls - would go to the opening of envelope! He keeps appearing everywhere

Lillie Allen - and her social commentary

Sam1965 Sun 07-Jan-18 12:02:28

I second that ???

Parklife1 Fri 12-Jan-18 17:07:48

Phillip Schofield
Piers Morgan
Eamonn Holmes

Shockingly tedious TV ads. With so much technology available, surely the creative genii could come up with something better than the current rubbish.
Pointless
Tipping Point
The Chase and Bradley Walsh in particular

SJP Sun 14-Jan-18 15:37:33

1. Brexit,
2. Trump
3. Nigel Farage
4. Scottish independence and Nicola Sturgeon
5. NHS crisis
6. Racial induced violence

ninny Sun 14-Jan-18 17:16:23

Vincent Cable muttering on about another referendum.

annsixty Sun 14-Jan-18 17:42:22

I haven't read through the whole thread so apologies if someone else has mentioned Penelope Keith.
She is so up herself.
I have just seen her yet again extolling the virtues of villages.
This series seems to have been on forever.

Chewbacca Sun 14-Jan-18 18:12:48

Yet another re run of Murder She Wrote. Enough already.