Gransnet forums

AIBU

grand daughter buying a car

(111 Posts)
Chinesecrested Tue 26-Jun-18 07:13:00

I would tell him this nonsense has got to stop NOW. I'm surprised you let him get away with it for so long! What happens when these grandchildren get married? Will you not be allowed to go to their weddings?

BlueBelle Tue 26-Jun-18 01:00:22

Well he sounds a ‘great’ bloke I don’t think I m afraid no man would ever tell me who in my family i could or couldn’t see
he banned them from our house is it OUR house? if it’s equally yours then you can have who you want to the house if it’s his house he can put his foot down but I d be leaving him and his house to rot I m afraid
I totally agree with Monica it’s probably him who wants your money
If you trust your granddaughter and she obviously hasn’t let you down and it’s your money it absolutely none of his business I don’t like the sound of this man is he so controlling over your life in general ?

agnurse Tue 26-Jun-18 00:26:45

I think your DH was definitely BU. That said, personally I would never co-sign a loan for anyone else. I'm sure GD is lovely, but even lovely people can fall on hard times and get into debt.

Definitely agree on seeing them without DH.

budds8 Mon 25-Jun-18 23:43:40

We both have our own money. And i do not question what he does with his. The problem is he does not believe that my dd did not know what dgd asked me to do. It is all such a mess. I still feel very negative about it all. Cannot forgive my dh for his attitude. Miss having my family around me.

budds8 Mon 25-Jun-18 23:34:25

Caused a lot of bother. I have not got a lot of money. My dd said just because he said that does not make it so. Everything is so sorrowful. I have four grand children with my daughter and none of them can come to the house. My family (mum and dad now dead) have never had such a case.

M0nica Mon 25-Jun-18 23:07:21

It is nobodies business but yours what you do with your money. Are you sure it isn't he who wants you for your money?

merlotgran Mon 25-Jun-18 22:50:43

I'd have told the miserable old git to sling his hook.

Three years ago.

phoenix Mon 25-Jun-18 22:10:08

3 years ago? confused

Grannyben Mon 25-Jun-18 21:44:24

Have you had contact with your d.d and g.d since your husband banned them from your home?

Oopsadaisy53 Mon 25-Jun-18 21:43:30

Well, I assume that you are still seeing your GD outside of your home? You obviously didn’t feel that you needed to speak to your OH about the agreement that you made with your GD.

But I assume that he is concerned that she will stop the payments on the car and leave you with the debt.

Although I’m not sure what your question is about? If you’ve let your OH dictate who comes into your house for 3 years I wonder why you have let it go on for so long.

budds8 Mon 25-Jun-18 21:19:23

My gd asked me to guarantee her buying a car. She has never missed a payment so no cost to me. When my husband found out he blamed my dd and said her family only wanted me for my money and did not love me. He banned them from our house. This was about three years ago and me gd has never missed a payment. My dh is not their father as I was a widow and remarried. He has known my dd family for over 20 years.