Gransnet forums

AIBU

potty training

(53 Posts)
Sulis Wed 27-Jun-18 18:30:28

AIBU? I have my 2.5 year old grandaughter 2 days a week. She is not yet potty trained. Being partially disabled (not looking for sympathy, just stating facts) I am not able to run around with her, or after her, as I would like. Her parents are trying to potty train her. She is not yet there, by a long chalk. They want me to keep her out of nappies when she is with me, but I am not able to bend down to clear up any mess, and she invariably fails to ask for the potty when she needs it. So, first time being nappyless last week, I let her be nappy free in the garden as the weather was nice. However, I don't want to have the problem of cleaning up in case of accidents indoors nor do I want my carpets ruined! I propose keeping her in nappies indoors until such time as she is trained. Her parents do not want this. AIBU? All advice welcome, please. Thank you.

Melanieeastanglia Thu 12-Jul-18 21:20:05

Poor you! I have thrown away my children's soiled underwear occasionally. I quite understand why you did so in these circumstances.

Your GD will get there in the end but I have to admit I struggled with toilet training.

Jalima1108 Thu 12-Jul-18 21:56:46

Yes, some things are just not worth keeping!