Gransnet forums

AIBU

To want comfortable and attractive underwear

(82 Posts)
ayse Wed 12-Sep-18 20:59:09

I’m finding it very difficult to find a bra that fits. Ideally I would like a cotton bra, that didn’t shove me up and push me in. Additionally one that didn’t create loads of flabby flesh round my back! I’m not a larger person and have been measured as 34B but they are so tight so I have tried a 36A but to no avail. Anyone else have the same trouble and does any one have any suggestions?

crystaltips46 Fri 14-Sep-18 18:23:14

Many years ago I was advised to only be fitted for a bra in the afternoon and only try ones with at least 3 sets of hooks. They should fit comfy on the middle hooks. This way it will still fit when on the 3rd hook in the morning when we are all a bit slimmer and on the 1st hook in the evening as we all swell up over the course of the day. Also, choose bras with wider straps that don't have too much stretch.

annep Fri 14-Sep-18 20:34:24

sounds sensible* Crystal*

Jalima1108 Fri 14-Sep-18 20:35:30

We're taller in the mornings too, apparently.

maytime2 Sat 15-Sep-18 12:35:06

Following the advice given on this thread yesterday, I measured myself using the method on "A bra that fits". I have been buying a 36C but measured as a 34D. I bought a bra that size this morning and it is a much better fit.

annep Sat 15-Sep-18 13:19:18

Great Maytime!?

SophiaField Thu 06-Dec-18 03:01:32

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.