Gransnet forums

AIBU

Are they being deliberately unfriendly?

(34 Posts)
Melanieeastanglia Wed 14-Nov-18 19:04:08

It does seem very odd. Perhaps it is members only and they only added you to the Facebook page because they thought you'd be passively interested.

BlueBelle Wed 14-Nov-18 19:03:01

I would imagine someone within the group complained and put them in a difficult situation Someone probably said well if we all brought family and friends blah blah blah

Baggs Wed 14-Nov-18 18:22:19

I think that's wise, starbox. It sounds like one of those situations where you're just baffled. So shrug and move on. ?

starbox Wed 14-Nov-18 18:17:45

No, theyre perfectly pleasant about it. And granddaughter really was good (and I'm not a doting grandma whose kids can do no wrong!) There's no facilities (a gazebo in a field). I think we'll just keep our distance!

Baggs Wed 14-Nov-18 18:10:39

Sorry. A lot of questions. It's just a rather weird story.

Baggs Wed 14-Nov-18 18:09:59

Were they being deliberately friendly before? Or are they generally casual?

You stress how good your four year old granddaughter was. Is it possible that they disagree with your assessment on that?

Grannyben Wed 14-Nov-18 18:05:51

I think I would unjoin myself from their Facebook page. Perhaps they just want you to know they are the centre of attention with their little group. Leave them to it.

merlotgran Wed 14-Nov-18 18:05:31

It sounds like they are the ones being unreasonable but I would ask for a reason. Maybe the facilities don't cater for too many people and they have to give priority to members only?

I wouldn't get upset about it. It's probably not worth worrying about.

starbox Wed 14-Nov-18 17:52:43

My brother & his wife are dog mad and host a monthly meet of their favourite breed in a local field. I only have cats, but they've always been eager to discuss their club and even joined me to its Facebook page. So last month, hubby, (well-behaved, dog-adoring) 4 yr old granddaughter & I went over there. Had a very pleasant time, spoke to the members, granddaughter behaved impeccably. So when they posted another meeting, I suggested we go again. Got speedy message back saying they dont want friends & family going. So just messaged back 'no probs, have fun' but feel so upset at rudeness. I couldnt IMAGINE telling close relatives they werent allowed to a club I'd purposely advertised to them! AIBU ??