Gransnet forums

AIBU

Violent TV programmes

(82 Posts)
Bridgeit Tue 15-Jan-19 21:54:11

They seem to be the norm now, are they a reflection of parts of our society OR are they steering us towards accepting this as the norm .? Does this brainwash a generation of young people into carrying weapons as acceptable & par for the course?
It’s the same old question , do TV & films reflect reality or do we emulate what we see & watch?

Jane10 Sat 26-Jan-19 18:10:09

Grantchester perhaps?

NotSpaghetti Mon 28-Jan-19 14:26:07

Not all violence is gratuitous rockgran

Alexa Mon 28-Jan-19 15:22:54

Violence for entertainment bores me however the violent scenes on Les Miserables last night were well done and credible because of the obvious human and moral interest , unlike in many battle scenes in film plays.

Nelliemoser Tue 29-Jan-19 10:05:53

I thought I would watch to see if Luther was worth watching. It was totally uneccesarily
violent.

What do people get out of watching a violent fight? I suspect a lot of people must enjoy it.

What is wrong with these people?
It is perfectly possible in a drama to make it obvious that someone has been assaulted.
Now get on with the story if there is any sensible story in the whole drama.

Gettingitrightoneday Thu 14-Feb-19 08:02:44

I thought I would watch Luther to see what it was. I was appalled by the unecessary violence. That is now right off my watch list.

Gettingitrightoneday Thu 14-Feb-19 08:08:44

Oops double post . My excitement at at last getting my tablet functioning on gransnet.