Gransnet forums

AIBU

I'm sad today

(54 Posts)
whywhywhy Tue 23-Apr-19 21:12:41

It's 10 years today since my mam died and I miss her so much. I took flowers to the crematorium this morning and sat and talked to her. I laughed and cried at some of the memories that came into my head. She was a lovely mam and fabulous gran. I need a hug. X

crazyH Tue 23-Apr-19 21:22:31

A really warm cwtch for you......I take it you're Welsh.... if not , cwtch means hug .....my mum died 25 years ago and I still miss her x

Grannyknot Tue 23-Apr-19 21:26:36

whywhy my Mom died 24 years ago on Easter Friday and every year around this time I am just so sad and I miss my mother so much.

A big hug for you and for CrazyH.

SisterAct Tue 23-Apr-19 21:31:41

I had what I call ‘a mega mum moment’ on Saturday. My mum died 3 years ago in June. My heart goes out to you and I send you a big hug ?

whywhywhy Tue 23-Apr-19 21:34:05

Thank you so much x

BradfordLass72 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:35:02

Wish I could hug you but a virtual one has to do

((((whywhywhwy)))))

Sadness is the price we pay for having wonderful Mams - but it's worth it. flowers What amazingly loving memories you must all have.

Harris27 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:51:58

Lost my mam three weeks ago an trying to cope with this.everything back to normal but huge hole has appeared in my life.

Anja Tue 23-Apr-19 21:59:58

Lost mine over 40 years ago.

morethan2 Wed 24-Apr-19 07:37:08

flowers grieving never really goes away, over time we learn to manage it but anniversaries and special days open the wounds and can be incredibly painful. Be kind to yourself today

Grammaretto Wed 24-Apr-19 07:45:11

I miss my parents too. Just yesterday my little DGD was asking me what my mother was like.
I mark their birthdays, usually by planting a flower and phoning my siblings.
You are not alone.

Jangran99 Wed 24-Apr-19 08:06:32

How I sympathise (((((whywhywhy))))).We lost our Mum 7 years ago,and Dad 12 years ago. There's 5 of us here and a brother in the States. On their birthdays and anniversaries we all get together and reminisce. It's a mixture of sadness and happiness and keeps us together as we know they would want us to be. I hope you have others to share with you. Love to all who grieve the loss of cherished parents.flowers

Angeleyes58xx Wed 24-Apr-19 10:25:00

Whywhywhy, I am so sorry ? you miss your Mum, I know just how you feel I miss my Mum too, and it doesn’t seem to get easier although she died some years ago.
Our Mums are very precious to us aren’t they, sending you love ? n ? hugs to you.
Take care.❤️?xx

jaybee66 Wed 24-Apr-19 10:32:07

Hugs to you all. My mum died 14 years ago and I still miss her very much. I talk to her photographs regularly and tell her about how much I appreciated all that she did for us. I hope she knew that as well when she was with us and how much we all loved her.

CaroleAnne Wed 24-Apr-19 10:38:56

My condolences got out to you Whywhywhy with a big hug and to all of you who have lost your mums. [thanks
My mother is still alive at 94years and time woth her is very precious.

Kim19 Wed 24-Apr-19 10:42:52

Yep, when they're good, they're really really good. I regularly have a knowing wink and a nod to mine. The longer I live the more I realise how wonderful she was. Think she knew I appreciated her at the time but I didn't show it half enough as I wish I had.

NannyG123 Wed 24-Apr-19 10:43:26

My mum died 21yrs ago,I still miss her, and talk to her when I feel down,or have a problem. Sending love whywhywhy.

Gingergirl Wed 24-Apr-19 10:57:41

Whywhywhy ??for you. Go with it...there will be better days as well, as I know you know.?

Hymnbook Wed 24-Apr-19 11:13:36

My lovely mum died 2 years ago. I still want to phone her and tell her things about what I've done and how her great granddaughters are doing.

luluaugust Wed 24-Apr-19 11:20:52

My mum died 7 years ago and still find myself going to tell her something her adored GC and GGC have been doing. Sending you love whywhywhy flowers

Beejo Wed 24-Apr-19 11:24:42

I hope you all realise how lucky you are to have such good memories. I had my mum for a long time but missed her from the day I was born.
My children have happier memories of her than I do.

Aepgirl Wed 24-Apr-19 11:24:44

You obviously have lovely memories of your Mum. Hang on to that - being sad is perfectly OK.

Tinydancer Wed 24-Apr-19 11:33:39

Sending a big virtual hug and glad you have happy memories of your mum. I have a new man in my life after decades on my own and I am sure my mum would have been very happy for me. I have felt her presence in a very light hearted and happy way since this started. I don't know if it is my imagination but I have felt her presence before. I am sure your mum will be watching over you with her love. x

Tinydancer Wed 24-Apr-19 11:36:06

It will get better Harris27 but it will take time. Be kind to yourself, treat yourself gently and as if you were your best friend. So sorry for the loss of your mum. x

crazyH Wed 24-Apr-19 11:44:36

Beejo, didn't quite understand what you said, and I don't want to pry, but it looks like you don't have good memories. Big hug for you x

GinJeannie Wed 24-Apr-19 11:54:18

Oh how I envy those of you who have/had a loving relationship with Mum. I was an only child and Mum told me, as a child, that my father didn't want children so she told him that she hoped that she died first and that he would be left alone with no one to look after him..I arrived after 10 years of marriage! Mum was widowed for 17 years and made my life so difficult with her demands and comparing me to her friends daughters. I feel wicked saying this, but felt a huge sigh of relief after she died. I did my best but it was never enough. Sorry, never said this to anyone before.