Gransnet forums

AIBU

I'm sad today

(55 Posts)
whywhywhy Tue 23-Apr-19 21:12:41

It's 10 years today since my mam died and I miss her so much. I took flowers to the crematorium this morning and sat and talked to her. I laughed and cried at some of the memories that came into my head. She was a lovely mam and fabulous gran. I need a hug. X

Starlady Fri 24-May-19 08:33:28

I don't know if I feel more deeply for those of you who are missing your deceased mums or who are better off w/o them. My deepest sympathies either way.

My own DM died 20 years ago, and I still think of her and miss her often. I still have those moments where I think, "Oh, I can't wait to tell Mum this!" and then realize she's no longer here. Not as much as after she first died, but, now and then. We had our issues, especially since she had trouble adjusting to being the mother of adults. But, overall, she was a good mum, and there are many fond, loving memories. I know not everyone here can say the same, and I'm so sorry about that.

Avor2 Thu 06-Jun-19 21:37:42

My DM died 8 years ago, she was 90 and had dementia eventually so she needed lots of carers etc., as I lived 2 hours away. We were very much alike and clashed constantly but we both had the same sense of humour and had really good times when she was well. We decided to move so that she should come and live with us, but the day we got the keys to our new home she went into hospital and died 2 weeks later. It was a relief for her to not be ill anymore, but to this day, like you say Starlady I feel I want to ring her up and have a chat about things, even though she would forget what I said 5 minutes later, it didn't matter, she was still my Mum, and we always had a laugh.
I miss her and DD as well but I seem to dream of them very regularly and in those dreams we still live in the same house they were in for over 60 years. Actually I find it very comforting. It is difficult but I still chat to her when I need her.

Boosgran Thu 06-Jun-19 21:47:52

Big hug for you. My mum died 7 years ago and I miss her and miss her words of wisdom. It’s just not the same without her. We all have to cope with loss but it’s not easy is it? Xx

Ginny42 Thu 06-Jun-19 21:49:47

Treasure your Mums, and treasure your memories of your Mums. My Mum died 56 years ago, a long, long time, but I always remember her smiling. Same with my father. It makes me smile to remember their smiles.