Gransnet forums

AIBU

Next door neighbour pushing my fence panel over

(108 Posts)
M0nica Sat 04-May-19 13:48:02

I agree with glammanana. My first thought when I started reading the OP was whether the changes in your neighbour;s behaviour sprung from problems their age is causing them.

As the houses are HA houses I would immediately go and talk to them and describe the problem.

crazyH Sat 04-May-19 13:47:46

I don't have neighbour problems but I am interested to know what a HousingvAssociation is and how it can sole neighbour disputes? Just curious, that's all .

Chucky Sat 04-May-19 13:46:48

Probably would have been more neighbourly to have got the branches cut on their side too! They obviously think you should pay, especially when it’s your tree??
I know you don’t have to, but £50 is a small price to pay for harmony between neighbours.

glammanana Sat 04-May-19 13:40:48

I would certainly contact the Housing Ass. and tell them the problem with the neighbours they just may have their own Supported Housing Officer them being the age they are.
It could also be the signs of dementia creeping up on them and they have forgotten how you have helped them in the past.

Gonegirl Sat 04-May-19 13:24:42

I mean, sink the fence poles into the ground and fill holes with concrete?

Gonegirl Sat 04-May-19 13:23:34

Is there anyone who would fix the fence panels properly?

Slowcookervegan Sat 04-May-19 13:15:02

Contact the housing association. Sounds like the neighbour has lost the plot. Have you asked her why she is doing it? Very strange behaviour.

blondenana Sat 04-May-19 12:38:46

My neighbour who i have lived next door to for 34 years is suddenly being very nasty, i have 2 large fence panels propped up at the top of my garden, cant fasten them to anything so propped up with wooden poles
The reason i did this was to stop my cats getting into their garden, as my now deceased Siamese once went over and got shouted at,so bought some panels off someone to try to stop this
All this nastiness started in October when i had a large fur tree cut down, [not all the way] as they said it was cutting their sunlight off,
However, when the man had finished my neighbour had a go at him for not cutting all their side off, although the highest branches were cut off,he would have probably had to go into their garden to do it,
As far as i knew he would cut all the way round, but apparently they only cut the top and the side of the persons who wanted it cut,so then she rang me and asked why i hadnt had their side cut too, i explained i i didnt know it wouldnt be, she said "its your bloody tree tell him to do it" of course it would have cost me an extra possibly £50 or more, so i told her if she wanted her side chopping she was welcome to do it, but i wasnt paying extra, so now this
I cant believe they are being so petty, i still have 3 cats who don;t venture out of my garden as they were house cats for a long time so don;t want to go away,they are all 10 years old
I have looked after their house when they have gone on holiday and done errands etc,they are both in their 80s now
I dont think i am being unreasonable in putting this fence panel back up every time it gets pushed down, it is not touching anything of theirs,as the fence originally between the houses is just wire and the posts are concrete, which is why i cant nail it up
All this was for their benefit originally
The houses are not private by the way but Housing association [sorry its so long]