Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to mention scrotum-waxing?

(154 Posts)
FarNorth Fri 19-Jul-19 18:34:44

An important case is underway in Canada.
Should female beauticians be legally obliged to provide intimate waxing services to transwomen with penises (men)?

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/there-are-only-losers-in-the-sad-saga-of-jessica-yaniv/?fbclid=IwAR3IN1H7GEk9zlUFlgv2Rwn6utQgpjYFDKgpHWEaenRsfqybliZWWP5st10

Tedber Fri 19-Jul-19 21:05:59

Err? Elegran I have no idea what you mean about teeheehees being grubby? No I haven't been a member long but ....what do you mean? Laughing is grubby? My mind is 'grubby' because I laughed about something? ..Yes I have a LOT to learn about Gransnet then lol ---- oops is that grubby saying that?

FarNorth Fri 19-Jul-19 21:16:40

From the report in the link :

what [Jessica Yaniv] will soon be best known for is her attempt to take more than a dozen women, almost all of whom come from minority backgrounds to the B.C Human Rights Tribunal while also demanding money from them, to the sum of $3000 in some cases.

Why?
Because they refused to wax Jessica’s scrotum.

According to Yaniv, estheticians should be obliged to provide waxing services to a female-identifying trans person and religious and cultural views should not interfere with the ability to access that service.

“The people that discriminated against me are forcing their beliefs on society,” said Yaniv.

While Yaniv disregards the cultural or religious beliefs of the esthetician, she is making the ballsy argument that people should be forced to wax clients with male genitalia if they self-identify as a woman.

Jessica Yaniv is a man.

Tedber Fri 19-Jul-19 21:19:44

You know what? I think I have given a lot of help on here since I joined in various threads but I guess I was wanting a forum I could have some laughs in as well. Not only serious stuff!

From this total nonsense today, It has made me realise I am not going to get it on Gransnet. Seems you have a 'code' of what to say and what not to say. You know? I don't really need this! I think what I need is a forum for 70's children to reminisce....the fun we had then! Drink, drugs, sex ..whatever.

I thought I would get it on gransnet as I am a grannie of lots now! But I still remember my youth and the fun I had before I had kids. I Was far from perfect but I don't feel I can discuss here because it is frowned on! It seems to be all flawless grannies! Mustn't mention sex or adultery or anything else other than the steriotypical grannie problems!!! Delicate ears might read it and be affronted and then you spend time apologising for offending these delicate creatures who never seem to have had a life!

FarNorth Fri 19-Jul-19 21:22:28

Do you have any views on the actual topic Tedber?

suziewoozie Fri 19-Jul-19 21:22:49

Tedber ????????

GrannyGravy13 Fri 19-Jul-19 21:25:01

It's going to be a long school holiday!!!!!

Riverwalk Fri 19-Jul-19 21:27:53

Tedber in your effort to have some fun you didn't even bother to read the link, as you said.

We've all had lives and some of us still do have but this is a serious topic, which you would have seen had you read the link, before telling your funny anecdote.

I wasn't offended by your post but thought it out of place.

blondenana Fri 19-Jul-19 21:43:09

I just think the world has gone mad, with all this trans stuff and their imagined rights,

Gonegirl Fri 19-Jul-19 21:44:46

No they shouldn't have to do it. It's not what beauticians signed up for. Let him/her wax his/her own bits.

Gonegirl Fri 19-Jul-19 21:45:27

Actually it's him or he wouldn't have that particular hit.

Gonegirl Fri 19-Jul-19 21:46:31

Farnorth where and how on earth did you did that bit of journalism up! hmm

TerriBull Fri 19-Jul-19 21:52:15

I've read about this individual on MN, they also like to describe their heavy periods. It seems we are entering strange times when society is expected to go along with such misnomers .

BlueBelle Fri 19-Jul-19 21:53:40

You really haven’t been on here long tedber if you think we are all stuff shirts, oh my, no you haven’t I wasn’t shocked at all by your post but I didn’t find it particularly funny
Why anyone would consider a career in shaving either scrotums or labia is beyond me can you imagine last year at school, teacher to class... John what would you like to do when you leave school, ‘a train driver’ says John and ‘Jane’, ‘a dancer miss’ and Susan ‘a scrotum shaver miss’

Good job I previewed that Scrotums came out as croutons and I don’t want to shave them either

grumppa Fri 19-Jul-19 22:00:25

This is a very unpleasant and in one respect weird story.

It is unpleasant because a "fully equipped" man is seeking to put vulnerable women in an embarrassing position, a sort of deviant variation of the case of the Belfast baker who refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding.

It is weird because there are two references to penis waxing. I thought the purpose of waxing was to remove hair, but in all my life (which includes rugby clubhouse communal baths) I have never seen hair on a penis.

FarNorth Fri 19-Jul-19 22:01:26

People can find themselves doing all sorts of things in the necessity to earn money.

Yaniv has targeted immigrant women, often working from their own homes and often with poor skills in the English language.

Yaniv appears to have some seriously bigoted views towards immigrants which raises a question around her intent when reaching out to many small waxing salons rather than say a larger or more specialized operation which would be equipped to deal with men.

TerriBull Fri 19-Jul-19 22:08:09

There's worse from the individual's Twitter feed.

"I think my period is going to start on Wednesday when I'm travelling to Victoria and going on the ferry and my first day is usually very heavy so I'm going to have to change my pad often. Every single time I take that ferry to the island, there's field trips with 10-12 year old girls on it, each and every time. If I'm in the bathroom and a girl asks me for a pad or tampon and potentially help on how to use it, if it's her first period..what do I do?"

Gonegirl Fri 19-Jul-19 22:09:45

There is no hair on the penis Grandad. They have to lift the penis to get to the hair on the scrotum.

Gonegirl Fri 19-Jul-19 22:10:38

grumpa not grandad

Urmstongran Fri 19-Jul-19 22:31:32

The posts from Yaniv are pervy in my opinion.

Gonegirl Fri 19-Jul-19 22:35:46

Mumsnet's welcome to it.

grumppa Fri 19-Jul-19 22:44:40

Thank you, Gonegirl. In spite of my advanced years I am still sufficiently well equipped to know that in the highly unlikely event of wanting my scrotum waxed, my penis would have to be moved out of the firing line, as it were. I am also aware that there is no hair on the penis; that was the point of my third paragraph, which commented on specific references in the article to penis-waxing.

gransal Fri 19-Jul-19 22:47:21

What a very odd and uncomfortable post.

GillT57 Fri 19-Jul-19 22:48:52

In between some pointless and smutty comments, a few people on here have actually worked out what is important about this story. British Columbia in Canada has passed legislation permitting people to self identify their gender. This cruel and perverted person has used this legislation to extort money from beauticians working in their own homes. He makes bookings using a fake female entity and when s/he turns up asking for a Brazilian wax and reveals his full tackle he then threatens the women with court proceedings for refusing. Many women have paid him money to stop charges and then packed their business in. This pervert is protected by law and is able to go into female changing rooms. There are moves afoot to bring similar legislation to the UK so before you snigger or say it has nothing to do with you; think again. Would you like grown men in the changing room at Primark with your granddaughter and her friends?

FarNorth Fri 19-Jul-19 23:00:01

Yaniv is now pursuing legal action against the women, hoping that his right to call himself a woman will be judged to overrule their right to choose to work only with biologically female customers.

Given the way things now are, in Canada, it is by no means certain which way the court will rule.

As GillT57 says, this could be happening in the UK soon.

FarNorth Fri 19-Jul-19 23:01:23

Btw, Top Shop already has gender neutral changing rooms.