Gransnet forums

AIBU

Leggings!

(183 Posts)
Kupari45 Mon 12-Aug-19 16:35:55

AIBU to think that overweight ladies look absurd in leggings and short T shirts?
Just come home after shopping in local town. While waiting for the bus I couldnt help but notice how many ladies wear tight leggings and tight t shirts - some almost look naked- in fact one had pale pink leggings on and looked obscene.
Before some of you shoot me down in flames I will admit to being size 16- but I wear clothes that fit me.!
Apart from looking a mess - surely on a hot day tight polyester isnt very comfortable.
I thought leggings were supposed to be worn under "Tunic Tops"- but apparently not.
This is just an observation- but would be interested in your opinions.

Harris27 Wed 25-Sep-19 20:06:08

I wear them in the house on lazy days or housework days to keep my nice trousers new. I do wear them with long tunics or long length jumpers. And black or dark navy.

GrannyBlossom Tue 01-Oct-19 11:47:22

I am pleased that women these days dress as they please. I hate the idea that slim women can wear something that other can’t. Who says so?

Alexa Tue 01-Oct-19 12:12:15

Knitted cotton Leggings for warmth worn under trousers days are here again.

GabriellaG54 Tue 01-Oct-19 16:09:36

I well remember the overwhelming castigation and reporting to GNHQ of my (fairly) recent observation of 'overweight' persons unknown to me, when shopping in town one afternoon.
How typically hypocritical, given this thread and many of the comments in reply.

Gonegirl Tue 01-Oct-19 16:11:57

None of my family approve of my leggings.

And I don't give a stuff.

gillybob Tue 01-Oct-19 16:24:29

Another leggings fan here. I wear mine with tunics and longer length jumpers .

crazyH Tue 01-Oct-19 16:58:08

Good for you Gonegirl....I'm a leggings and tunic fan....makes me look slim, covers all my sins. I prefer it to tailored trousers. I don't wear dresses or skirts because my legs are too skinny.