Gransnet forums

AIBU

Was I being inappropriate?

(56 Posts)
Gizmogranny Mon 19-Aug-19 23:53:22

Dear Gransnetters,
I have been sleeping au natural for many years. I’ve tried wearing nighties and pyjamas but I find them very uncomfortable so I just don’t bother with them anymore. However, if I go away I always take a nightie with me but once in bed, it has to come off otherwise I cannot sleep.
My 6 year old granddaughter came to stay with me for a week and as she’s not used to being away from home I slept in the same bed as her. DGD slept under the duvet, I slept on top of the duvet, making sure I was covered with a sheet and blanket. I made sure that I was up before she awoke and always wore a gown before I got dressed.
My DGD has seen me naked - couldn’t be helped as we shared a cubicle to get changed when I took her swimming.
I’ve just received a very curt message from my DD. DGD has told mummy that granny snores and sleeps naked. DD went on to say that it’s inappropriate and in future I must wear a nightie.
What do other GNs think? Was I being inappropriate?

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 15:59:10

Even if the OP is genuine, this kind of content is lifted and shared elsewhere.

But very often when MN DO investigate these sort of OPs they find the OP to be suspicous

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 15:59:57

So regardless of OPs intent, do not share tales of your GC when it comes to nakedness/masterbation/etc

Lessismore Sat 24-Aug-19 16:09:24

How absolutely vile.

I find the scenario impossible to believe ,and that the only sounding board for this mysterious happening is GN.

BlueBelle Sat 24-Aug-19 16:11:37

Has anyone reported or asked HQ to observe this thread

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 16:12:56

I find the scenario impossible to believe ,and that the only sounding board for this mysterious happening is GN.

No its not. Innocently posted stuff about kids is lifted from all over the internet and used for.... well...

Can also be used to identify adults who are a bit gullible. Often adults are groomed before the child is. Easier to chat to a child online if you can convince them you are a friend of nans etc