Gransnet forums

AIBU

Roll on Autumn!

(34 Posts)
EllanVannin Tue 27-Aug-19 19:47:02

Tedber, I was going to say the NW hahahaha--snap. Same here.

Tedber Tue 27-Aug-19 19:13:17

Gosh....where do you live watermeadow? Nothing like that where I am...grass still green, flowers still blooming, birds still singing, no flies on cat food, not been bitten on walks out, dog's NOT got fleas bahah. Also lovely and warm, but not too hot to sleep.

I am in N.W though so maybe....we are lucky in some things ha ha ha.

lemongrove Tue 27-Aug-19 19:11:29

Our lawn is green, plenty of birds around too, and still flowers in the garden.Flies, yes, it’s Summer, buy a bug bat and keep doors closed.
Ankles swollen, yes certainly, put them up whenever you can.
I wait for Summer happily, don’t wish it away.

jura2 Tue 27-Aug-19 19:10:04

Our best blue skies up here are in winter NanaandG smile

I love all seasons - including snowy cold crispy winters ;)

lemongrove Tue 27-Aug-19 19:07:02

Oh dear! ?

NanaandGrampy Tue 27-Aug-19 18:46:57

It is hot, but I’ll long for blue skies by December .

Our garden is still full of birds and bird song, luckily Sam never leaves a scrap in his bowl and I have every bug spray known to man - anything that bites me dies!! :-)

But I feel you pain Watermeadow ??

Sara65 Tue 27-Aug-19 18:46:17

I quite like these last weeks of summer, but I agree about the flies, I love autumn as well, but one thing spoils it for me ?I am terrified!

SalsaQueen Tue 27-Aug-19 18:35:17

I agree with most of that....especially the flies on my cat's dinner grin.

I hate hot weather. It's draining, I get burnt, and it's just altogether uncomfortable.

watermeadow Tue 27-Aug-19 18:29:16

No, I’m not being unreasonable in hating late summer.
The grass is dead, the birds are silent, the nettles and brambles are head-high.
The house is full of flies and they lay eggs on the cat’s food if he pauses between mouthfuls. Walk through the countryside and you’ll be stung/bitten/sucked by midges/wasps/horse flies/ ticks.
Despite monthly treatment the dog’s got fleas.
It’s too hot to sleep and my ankles are swollen.
The fresh green and flowers of May are a distant memory and I can’t wait for Autumn.