Gransnet forums

AIBU

How can I put up with so much then flip over the peppermill

(53 Posts)
Roses Wed 11-Sep-19 19:34:47

In May my house was flooded from the loft down into three bedrooms which were ruined my furniture had to go into storage and clothes which I have needed since are not here I have no lights no sockets and no radiators which have been disconected I have had to. Sleep on a blow up bed since May and worst of all no friends able to come to stay .The various workmen who have come and gone have ruined my carpets but I have coped with it all as I just wanted it put right, so why tonight after cooking my meal which I was really looking forward to did I totally lose the plot when the peppermill poured out peppercorns all over my dinner and kitchen floor I think it was the last straw. Have you ever flipped over something trivial which makes you feel daft

Goodbyetoallthat Fri 13-Sep-19 08:52:14

Nothing as major as you ladies have had to deal with but after a period of prolonged stress I had to take all the (then small) children to the supermarket with me.
When packing up at the checkout they were messing around & I just shoved everything in the trolley & left the shop. Just as we got outside a precariously perched fish pie fell out of the trolley & "exploded" everywhere (as did i).
This has gone down in the family annals as the "fish pie moment" & even now 25 years later there are murmurings about a repeat of the fish pie moment if my brow starts to darken!
Hope that things improve for you soon Roses

Alexa Fri 13-Sep-19 12:16:23

LittlemoO, I wish I could have been there for you. If there is anything I can do let me know. I understand.