Gransnet forums

AIBU

I probably am being a bit unreasonable but....

(27 Posts)
BlueBelle Tue 08-Oct-19 05:46:37

In a way I know I am being unreasonable but does anyone else get a ‘tiny bit’ irritated by posters who comment (sometimes very valid posts or ideas) without having read the thread and the posts before theirs
I certainly haven’t always time to read every post in a long thread but I do skim read and make sure I read the original posters subsequent posts to feel fairly up to speed before I comment
You get a poster say for instance ‘I m not married’ then 25 posts on someone pops up with ‘of course your husband could.....’
Surely if you’re interested enough to comment you should be interested enough to keep up to some extent
Moan over
Have a great day everyone

Marydoll Thu 17-Oct-19 07:38:37

I have to admit that when I see a very long OP with little punctuation and no white space, I usually give up trying to read it and don't respond.

Before anyone jumps on me, it's not a criticism of the poster's punctuation nor grammar, I suffer from Sjogren's and sometimes my eyes are very dry and sore and it's difficult to read print at the best of times .It's much easier when the print is broken up with white space, highlighting the OP's responses would enhance it even further.

I do agree that it is annoying when someone comes late to the thread and posts a comment or repeats what has been already said, without reading what has gone before.