Gransnet forums

AIBU

house hold food waste dilemma

(102 Posts)
infoman Fri 22-Nov-19 08:15:36

Firstly,I am lucky that I don't need to leave the house until gone midday.I don't put our food waste out till 07;00am.
Too many fox's and other animals about,
neighbour who we don't speak too, borders out drive way.
Because the location is open plan there are no walls and the neighbours food waste is left next next to our drive way the evening before.
Thats not the issue,the issue is the night time animals have knocked over the waste food bin and the neighbours food waste is now all over our drive way and we will have to go over the food waste if the neighbour (or ourselves) do not pick up their food waste when they bring in their food waste bin.
Thoughts on a solution.

infoman Mon 09-Dec-19 08:35:49

Thanks for all your replys.
Okay thankfully we do have a food waste bin in our area,
we don't have much food waste as all ours go in the very small plastic waste containers
The food waste is generally apple core banana skins potato pellings and cooking oil.

Neighbours that any of us/we don't get on with,
don't think many of us would be brave enough to go up to their next door neighbour and said lets have peace talks.
Yes I know some of you would have done that, but I think its in the minority.

Neighbour came back and I presume COULD have see the food waste over the drive way,which was two feet away from their food waste bin.
They brought their food waste bin in.
Hoping that they would pick up their food waste, which didn't happen.
I decided not to clean up the food waste,which was the peelings of onions and potatoe peelings, the meat items had most likely been consumed by the night time animals.
Which blended in well with all the leaves that had been deposited by a very large tree.
Any more thoughts on what I could/should/might have done?