Gransnet forums

AIBU

dishwashers

(30 Posts)
jo1book Mon 25-Nov-19 12:50:04

to expect a d/washer to last more than 3 and a half years (bought April 2016)?
The control panel on the door of my machine has died. Neff are coming to look at it for £99! if duff, they will do me a deal on a new one. A new one is about £425 and I wouldn't want another Neff ,so in a quandary. Any hints.

jo1book Tue 26-Nov-19 14:17:12

polyester57. Yes, i do sometimes interrupt a wash!
My DiL has had a Indesit for 7 years - not bad for £200. I will probably buy this model for £209, as I have cancelled the old man's reckless agreement to a £99 call out (Told them off).
Now it is whether or not to cough up for an installation cost of approx. £100. I sound really tight, but it only a case of connecting hoses, I am reliably (or unreliably) informed. Has anyone had a bash at this, or would you pay the cost?

Wheniwasyourage Tue 26-Nov-19 14:25:09

If the hoses are already there, the people delivering the machine should be able to connect it. Perhaps when you buy the next one, you could buy from someone who will do that. We bought our washing machine from a local shop, and fitting was included. £100 seems ridiculous!

timetogo2016 Wed 27-Nov-19 09:15:03

Alima I`m with you all the way.
I do have to de-press the pause button on occasions though usually by hinting the hot waters going cold hahaha.

jo1book Wed 27-Nov-19 09:53:09

Ive just discovered that the local Curry's will fit for £49. Now the machine is costlier than their online site, but fitting cheaper; overall, coming out cheaper than online. Will get off my sofa and have a trip to the shops!
Thank you all for your input; much appreciated.