Gransnet forums

AIBU

Happy National Puzzle Day!

(36 Posts)
Cambia Wed 29-Jan-20 07:17:39

This has to be my favourite day. I know there is a day for everything nowadays but I like this one!

My favourite time is to sit down with a cup of tea (or glass of wine), switch the radio on and do my jigsaw. This always gets pushed back to the end of the day as a treat but today I have the excuse to start early,

Anyone else out there addicted to jigsaws?

LullyDully Fri 31-Jan-20 08:28:38

I looked at the Cloudberry puzzles. They look like a real challenge, all that merging colour. Not sure Mr LD would cope with that.

Cambia Wed 05-Feb-20 11:17:24

Spottybook I have seen the Cloudberries but they do look hard! My online jigsaw supplier does them, so I shall have another look! Thank you.

Cambia Wed 05-Feb-20 11:24:27

@Spottybook
Have seen Cloudberries but they look really hard! My online jigsaw supplier has them, so will have another look. Might be a good challenge. Thank you.

EmilyM Tue 22-Dec-20 00:13:03

I really love puzzles, great brain training.

CanadianGran Tue 22-Dec-20 06:41:47

We enjoy them, but usually 500 pc is the max. I did buy one for Christmas, so we can work on it together. We tend to pick away at it while having a beer/cider after i am home from work, but of course we will have a bit of extra time over the holidays this year since we are not entertaining.

They are relaxing and satisfying.

Greyduster Tue 22-Dec-20 06:51:07

DH’s jigsaw board is always out, but they don’t interest me much (though I will look over his shoulder and pop a piece in when I’m passing by! Much to his annoyance!). I like general knowledge crosswords (no good at cryptic), Codeword, and a few other internet word games.

Susan56 Tue 22-Dec-20 07:55:42

We have been doing a complicated Christmas jigsaw for the last week.We were convinced a piece was missing even though it is a brand new jigsaw.Over the last few days we have spent ages trying to fit the missing piece.This morning while waiting for the kettle to boil I decided to have another go and found the ‘missing’ piece straightaway!I am sure fellow jigsaw addicts can understand my joy!

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 22-Dec-20 08:35:14

I’ve just completed the last 1000 piece jigsaw from a box of 4 Christmas puzzles.

Very nice.

Now, shall I redo another one from my pile of puzzles in the spare room or leave it until next week?

FannyCornforth Tue 22-Dec-20 08:53:15

I think that I'm going to get my dad the Cloudberries Celestial Map jigsaw.
He is a newcomer to jigsaws (lock down).
If I order it today (Amazon) he will get it tomorrow. He'll also be the recipient of a heated throw - so many GN recommendations!

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 22-Dec-20 11:37:43

Fannycornforth just looked at the jigsaw, lucky Dad! It looks amazing, I think though that I’ll have to start selling some of mine to make room.