Gransnet forums

AIBU

.....to ask people to read the thread?

(61 Posts)
Lucca Mon 30-Mar-20 09:43:08

I don’t understand how people so often post the same thing as has been said many times before! I skipped a page by accident the other day (Pinot Grigio ? Dirty spectacles ?)and marydoll quite rightly pointed out that I was repeating what she had said. But then someone is on that thread again asking for the answer.....grrr! Not to mention the shepherds pie cottage pie thread with 83 identical explanations..... the asking for advice threads where you get “I think you should speak to a solicitor”. And three posts later “have you thought of seeing a solicitor “
Rant over ...

sodapop Wed 22-Apr-20 20:06:04

phoenix all the original poster's subsequent posts are in green on my tablet.

That happens to me as well Nortsat we must be a bit slow off the mark. smile

jacq10 Wed 22-Apr-20 20:41:52

Venall : agree with your post - "I don't post much but I do read but I seem to always read things and then realise there are a few pages so I don't bother saying anything. No point in repeating what others have all ready said". I do wonder if it is easier to follow a threat on a laptop rather than on a smart phone but, as I don't have smart phone, not really sure.

jacq10 Wed 22-Apr-20 20:42:41

Sorry - thread not THREAT!!!

eazybee Wed 22-Apr-20 21:56:21

People are not seeking to have a conversation, they are expressing an opinion in response to the poster's question. If thirty-seven people say 'seek legal advice' it will have a considerably stronger impact on the poster than just one response.
Marydoll, can't you see that people are winding you up?

GrauntyHelen Wed 22-Apr-20 22:02:45

I read the OP and reply Sometimes I read the thread sometimes I don't it depends on how long the thread is and which device I am using

Callistemon Wed 22-Apr-20 22:39:16

No-one would wind up Marydoll, eazybee
She's very scary and strict and gives you harder sums if you annoy her.
And detention.

NanaandGrampy Wed 22-Apr-20 22:54:24

I always thin multiple answers the same is fine . The OP can check through and take a consensus on what’s been said - like yes=50 no=10 if you see what I mean .

Marydoll Wed 22-Apr-20 22:57:06

eazybee, unsure, why you are commenting on something that happened three weeks ago. confused
The posters on the maths thread always try to wind me up and I love it.

Lucca and I had a laugh on the Maths, thread, that is what he/she is referring to in the OP about Pinot Grigio.
Oh and another thing, I actually know Baggs personally, so I know exactly what she meant.

Hetty58 Wed 22-Apr-20 23:04:23

Lucca, I often simply haven't got the time or patience to read through an entire thread. If I give a duplicate answer, so be it!

rosenoir Wed 22-Apr-20 23:05:00

I tend to dip in and out for 5mins, not enough time to read the whole thread when it is more than a page.