Gransnet forums

AIBU

Part Two Meghan & Harry

(40 Posts)
Bridgeit Fri 03-Apr-20 13:12:55

I’m sure there’s more opinions to share on this topic.

maddyone Fri 03-Apr-20 13:20:26

Bridgeit grin

Bridgeit Fri 03-Apr-20 13:24:53

Maddyone, I couldn’t resist?

GagaJo Fri 03-Apr-20 13:27:08

Agggghhhhhhh. LUCCA! Too late was the cry.

quizqueen Fri 03-Apr-20 13:35:08

Just had the tv on behind me as I read this and her friends were saying she was the victim of global bullying. I'm afraid she has bought all this negativity on by herself; there are many other 'celebrities' who don't get reacted to in this way. Well, she has plenty of time on her hands now their new Sussex website is delayed, so perhaps she can fill it by publishing some more photos of Archie's feet!!!!!

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 13:40:54

Global ? I know they upset some people in Canada, a joke was
going around about building a wall now they had left. But global!

M0nica Fri 03-Apr-20 13:54:44

Like Farage and Widdecombe (see another thread, these are yesterday's people, why keep resurrecting them? Most of us have difficulty remembering who they are.

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 14:36:06

with respect, no one has to read a thread which bores them

Blinko Fri 03-Apr-20 14:39:36

Surely this pair are not still newsworthy?

EllanVannin Fri 03-Apr-20 14:44:40

They've chosen to be ordinary citizens, so that's what they are.

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 14:48:20

They don’t want to be ‘ordinary people’,

Oopsminty Fri 03-Apr-20 14:51:28

Ha! They certainly don't want to be ordinary citizens!

Thanks for the laugh

Sussexborn Fri 03-Apr-20 14:55:56

They would become ordinary citizens if they and their friends kept schtum and allowed time to take its course.

Don’t keep issuing facile statements and walking where the paparazzi are camping out ensuring you attract maximum attention. Other celebs seem to manage if they want to.

GagaJo Fri 03-Apr-20 14:58:45

They aren't Blinko. But the interest on here was always high because the age demographic are more interested in the RF, plus many have a lot of free time due to retirement. Add on top of that the stress of lockdown for those not normally online during the day, and BOOM! Obsession.

Greymar Fri 03-Apr-20 15:04:43

Do you think Liz will give them a mention on Sunday?

EllanVannin Fri 03-Apr-20 15:39:10

It's not their fault if the paps are waiting to pounce. It wouldn't matter who it was, those sharks are ready to snap their cameras jumping out from nowhere.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Apr-20 16:05:31

It just made me smile - the big statement about not living in the USA as long as Trump was President.

Anniebach Fri 03-Apr-20 16:34:48

There were no photographs taken when they were in this country unless they were on official engagements, they chose
to give interviews, the rest of the royal family do not .

maddyone Fri 03-Apr-20 17:44:02

There’ll be a lot more paps in Hollywood/ LA than there are in Britain. Or even Canada.

ValerieF Fri 03-Apr-20 20:21:45

Personally I don't care what this pair do, I am all for people doing what they want in life. I wish them no ill. In fact wish them all the best but so long as they don't take 'my' money doing it! No MORE funding for protection or anything else. Their choice but they can't have it both ways.

Sparkling Sat 04-Apr-20 08:05:55

As long as they don't have a penny from us, the tax payers, let them do what they want. Within a couple of years, when they don't have any official engagements here, America will not be interested either. They will feel old news.

Grannynannywanny Sat 04-Apr-20 08:23:23

Can’t help thinking they are maybe looking back at their previous life and wishing they were in isolation in the secluded luxury of Frogmore cottage. I wonder if it’s even crossed their minds that so many of the hardworking tax payers who contributed towards the millions to renovate their free house are now living in poverty, relying on food banks to provide for their family.

eazybee Sat 04-Apr-20 09:42:47

Missing Frogmore Cottage?
I don't think so for a minute.

They are out house-hunting for a mansion beach house, in the sunshine, in a 'fun' place with lots of new best friends, no responsibilities and a great deal of satisfaction at having achieved what they think they want.
I don't think either is given to much introspection.
Prodigal Son, Part 1?
Or: they may even enjoy it.

Anniebach Sat 04-Apr-20 09:51:45

Hope the new best friends ask her if she is ok.

eazybee Sat 04-Apr-20 11:06:50

Annie! grin