Gransnet forums

AIBU

I’ve done it again ! I need help !

(58 Posts)
Gemini17892 Tue 28-Apr-20 10:03:18

I have a confession to make. I’ve done it again. Hermes just delivered another parcel. OMG I thought.
When I can’t sleep or when I’m feeling not so good ( you know what I mean ) I buy yarn or wool as I used to call it. It’s getting a bit crowded in our spare room and I’ve no idea what I am going to make with it. I just love looking at it . Handling it. Knitting or crocheting it. The colours make me happy.
Tell me like it is. It’s stupid isn’t it ? Unreasonable even. No one else does this crazy thing . Or do they ?

Witzend Wed 29-Apr-20 18:37:05

I once counted all the pieces just for each of the Three Kings - basic figure, robe, sleeves, hands, beard, a 2 piece headdress and the gift - 10 each!

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 22:18:56

I look at them all occasionally.
I haven't knitted the presents yet, not having any gold thread.
That is a poor excuse, isn't it.

Gemini17892 Wed 29-Apr-20 22:31:25

Well. It’s a start ?

Calli don’t you dare go on line and order gold thread. You know it won’t stop there don’t you ?

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 22:36:47

I I daren't buy any more.
DH would move out.

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 22:38:59

It may have to be silver, frankincense and myrrh.
I have silver thread.

JuliaM Wed 29-Apr-20 23:08:32

I own up to having a wool stash too! For meit was always increased after visiting Bridlington several times a year, and raiding the local Yorkshire mill wool shops, many of which were 'pound shops' with a good choice of yarns in all colours and thicknesses! The market stalls lso often resulted in a Black bin bag full, securely lashed down onto my Mobility scooter seat using Bungee cords kept for the purpose!
I used to knit a lot of baby clothes, but due to Arthritis in my hands, l now prefare to Crochet using a fairly large guage hook that I can grip easier, but my skills are purely self taught and fairly basic, so Granny squares, hats, and Scarves are about my limit, using as many pretty colours and textures as possible, and even some themed shaded ones to match a rooms decor!

Callistemon Wed 29-Apr-20 23:11:17

Yes, my crochet skills are limited but I'm hoping the results will be appreciated.