Gransnet forums

AIBU

Priority Slot Disappeared!

(57 Posts)
Glenfinnan Thu 21-May-20 01:08:09

Like so many we are socially isolating. DH is 76 with chronic lung condition and I’m 70. We have both had the covid19 virus which has left us both under par. I’ve had a Waitrose priority slot for 6/7 weeks which is a godsend as we don’t have any children to shop for us. Suddenly it’s disappeared! I can’t get any slots at all and I’ve tried so many times and at different times ie just after midnight etc etc. I’ve sent emails ( no response) completes another priority form but it takes 21 days for a reply, and tried to ring their customer services but queues so long the calls time out. Has this happened to anyone else? If so do you have any advice please.

NfkDumpling Fri 22-May-20 19:07:04

It’s worth trying your local shops too. Our butchers, green grocers, pet shop and bakery all delivery and the bakery is stocking milk for the duration too. Before the bakery got its act together the butcher popped into the Tesco Express for milk for us. Also many churches are organising volunteers to shop, collect prescription, etc.

We’ve been using the greengrocer and butcher as they have really good stuff and deliver the next day!

jerseygirl Fri 22-May-20 22:42:17

Try iceland and sainsburys, they have been great for us. Forget tesco, waste of time, no slots available at all.

Teacheranne Sat 23-May-20 02:29:00

I think it various around the country. I am not in a vulnerable category but due to a physical disability ( I have a blue badge) I have had a fortnightly delivery for years - no more! I still cannot register with Waitrose or Sainsburys who are not taking on new customers, have not managed to get a delivery slot from Morrisons, Iceland or Tesco but have had a couple of click and collect orders with Tesco. I got these by waiting up until midnight when they release new slots three weeks ahead.

I have one next week from an HGV in the service yard of a supermarket 6 miles away and one the week after between 6and 8 am so am having to be flexible. In a few days time I will have to start looking for another slot for three weeks away - I find it very stressful and it's not getting any easier.

Keffie12 Sat 23-May-20 21:11:56

Morrisons do a special box of foods you can add extra into, online. They also I have found recently got delivery spaces on their online services

Cressida Mon 25-May-20 12:19:56

We have a regular slot booked with Asda on a Sunday morning. Unfortunately that meant we came unstuck over the Easter Bank Holiday and hadn't realised until the Saturday when I went to amend the order I thought I'd put in for Sunday.

I ordered a £35 Morrisons Meat Essentials box on the Saturday and it was delivered by DPD on the Tuesday. We had no idea what we would get in it so opening it was fun. We were very pleased with the contents.
Ours had:
1ltr Cravendale Semi-skimmed milk
6 cumberland sausages
2 chicken breast fillets
500gm beef mince
300gm unsalted back bacon
fresh tomato & basil sauce
250gm salted butter
4 slices cooked ham
350gm mature cheddar cheese
4 Andrex toilet rolls
Jumbo Kitchen Roll
white loaf
6 white pitta breads
500gm Fusilla Pasta
1 Condensed Tomato Soup
400gm tin Heinz Baked Beans
Lemon & Coriander Cous Cous
Potato & Leek Cup-a-soups
Uncle Bens Basmati Rice
1kg carrots
1kg baby potatoes
1kg onions
1 cucumber

I told one of my sons about it and he ordered one on the Tuesday which he received on the Friday. It didn't have exactly the same items but it was very similar and he has ordered again.

lemsip Mon 25-May-20 15:18:46

if you manage to get a delivery slot you need to do your shop and checkout which confirms your slot. you can then carry on adding thing if you need until night before delivery day. If you don't checkout your slot disappears!