Gransnet forums

AIBU

moving ...

(62 Posts)
readsalot Sat 04-Jul-20 20:41:25

You only live once and it's your life. Time to move! Good luck.

Grandmabatty Sat 04-Jul-20 16:17:09

List pros and cons of both moving and staying but ultimately you are unhappy where you are so I would go with my feelings. Family situations can change. There's no guarantee that your daughter will always be around. I moved out of my preferred area to another that I didn't know and I'm very happy. I think you are clear headed in that you are saying it is probably temporary anyway on the way to where you really want to be.

Namsnanny Sat 04-Jul-20 15:20:30

Yes moggie I'm another start packing fan!

If you re read your post it seems to me you are actually saying, the only thing from stopping you is the fact that your daughter is inconvenienced because she doesnt drive!

Just talk to her about the logistics of you both getting together after the move.
Perhaps at a half way point?

Anyway Lucca had it in a nutshell ...carpe diem smile

Enjoy your new location/life.

Susan56 Sat 04-Jul-20 14:57:19

I think you should move too.I’m with Miss Adventure,start packing!

MissAdventure Sat 04-Jul-20 14:51:44

Start packing, moggie smile
You sound as if you really want to go, so you must.

rafichagran Sat 04-Jul-20 14:44:28

Go, I think you may regret it if you dont.

DanniRae Sat 04-Jul-20 14:38:40

Definitely go!
Good Luck x

annep1 Sat 04-Jul-20 13:59:11

From my own experience of not doing what I wanted and regretting it I'm with Lucca. Carpe diem.

Oopsadaisy3 Sat 04-Jul-20 13:55:49

Take the offer and move, you deserve to be where you want to be.

Lucca Sat 04-Jul-20 12:46:42

Posted too soon sorry. I think you must do what YOU want to do. Life isn’t a rehearsal etc etc. Why stay in an area you dislike when you have the chance to live somewhere nice. You can visit your daughter and vice versa on public transport.

Lucca Sat 04-Jul-20 12:44:45

Carpe diem !

moggie57 Sat 04-Jul-20 12:43:24

i have been offered a 1 bedroom flat at a place in west sussex .its not exactly where i want it .but its near the sea and my brother.now my daughter has said that she wants me to stay where i am as i am local to her.(but i cant stand this area now).and anyway i only see the grandchildren after church (for lunch) sometimes. .or once a week in school holidays....so do i move to suit my health problems and be near my lovely brother/relatives..or do i stay put. been here 32 years is it time for a change?i wouldnt have much noise where the flat is as its nearly to the south downs. its only 1 hour and half to where i am now.my daughter doesnt drive...i would want to move eventually to the town area .so this flat would be temporary .till i can get on the waiting list to where i want to go. do i go? if i dont there might not be another chance and have to wait how long ??//