Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU To feel really upset about this?

(55 Posts)
sazz1 Tue 06-Oct-20 00:19:01

I sent a present to my DGD aged 6 over 3 weeks ago using my normal courrier H......s. I've sent many parcels with them over the last few years and never had a problem. I sell things as a hobby on an auction site.
This was a pair of wellies and I put a little poem in the box for her but the parcel didn't arrive. Looking on the tracking it said delayed but this week I tried to ring them. 8 times I tried and they kept hanging up. Finally got through today and was told parcel is damaged. They had the name of the sender as someone else too, but I had a receipt from the parcel shop to prove it was me.
I've asked for it to be sent back to me so I can check if it's just the box or they've smashed the wellies. I've ordered another pair for DGD and will give them to her Saturday as they are visiting.
But I'm so upset about it as I feel very let down. Had a cry to the dog today. It's not the money but I feel very low and the fact they didn't tell me straight away but left it until I contacted them hasn't helped. I think it's because it was for DGD that it's upset me so much. The replacement pair aren't the same but they are ok
DGD doesn't know it was to be a surprise. Perhaps I'm depressed I don't know why I'm so upset about it.

beverly10 Tue 06-Oct-20 19:54:53

When we react to something that upsets us is normal. We are all different and what maybe seen by some people as trivial to others nothing short of a disaster.

glammagran Tue 06-Oct-20 20:15:39

Hermes are simply awful. Sent off Christmas presents to My son and his family in the Netherlands in November last year. They claimed to have attempted delivery several times even though the family had been home and never left any cards. Eventually they reimbursed me for 50% of the cost of the missing items. Then unexpectedly, the parcel was returned to my home address at the end of March in a very battered state by which time we were in lockdown. Sent repackaged parcel at the end of June by Parcelforce and it arrived a week later, 8 months over 7 months after I’d originally sent it.

Fuchsiarose Wed 07-Oct-20 19:21:30

A chap called Joel /something/ did a TV programme about this delivery company a few weeks ago. There were hundreds of parcels at their depot supposedly damaged, or could not be delivered due to no address, the TV programme could clearly see recipients bame and address on the parcels. I would look into the TV programme. I will try to find it and will get you know if you dont find it first

Fuchsiarose Wed 07-Oct-20 19:28:21

sazz1

I sent a present to my DGD aged 6 over 3 weeks ago using my normal courrier H......s. I've sent many parcels with them over the last few years and never had a problem. I sell things as a hobby on an auction site.
This was a pair of wellies and I put a little poem in the box for her but the parcel didn't arrive. Looking on the tracking it said delayed but this week I tried to ring them. 8 times I tried and they kept hanging up. Finally got through today and was told parcel is damaged. They had the name of the sender as someone else too, but I had a receipt from the parcel shop to prove it was me.
I've asked for it to be sent back to me so I can check if it's just the box or they've smashed the wellies. I've ordered another pair for DGD and will give them to her Saturday as they are visiting.
But I'm so upset about it as I feel very let down. Had a cry to the dog today. It's not the money but I feel very low and the fact they didn't tell me straight away but left it until I contacted them hasn't helped. I think it's because it was for DGD that it's upset me so much. The replacement pair aren't the same but they are ok
DGD doesn't know it was to be a surprise. Perhaps I'm depressed I don't know why I'm so upset about it.

It was Joe lycett channel 4
24 April 2020. Look it up