Gransnet forums

AIBU

another baby

(82 Posts)
boodymum67 Thu 15-Oct-20 13:47:06

Just seen something on the news and felt incensed to ask AIBU to feel so strongly about this?

There`s a feature about how COVID has cost a lot of people their jobs and they cant pay their bills, or buy food they need to feed their family.

I feel so sorry for those people. ...or I did until I hear how they are needing food banks and the woman is pregnant with their 4th child.

They said they see no light at the end of the tunnel.

So why are they having another child? They already depend on the state and charity to live.

What do you think?

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 28-Oct-20 18:29:02

I think it is well known that this planet is overcrowded. It doesn’t matter if people have more than two children or have families they can’t afford. What matters is that there are too many of us and our planet is being ruined. David Attenborough is, I believe, involved in a UN organisation concerned with encouraging people to have fewer children. Perhaps we should all look into it.

Elegran Wed 28-Oct-20 19:01:27

And your point is, FoghornLeghorn ?

Elegran Wed 28-Oct-20 19:08:13

PECS ^It was Christmas Day in the Workhouse . .

www.workhouses.org.uk/lit/xmasday.shtml

PECS Thu 29-Oct-20 10:24:52

Seems we are returning to the the "good old days' when the Empire & Brtiain were great confused

Galaxy Thu 29-Oct-20 10:28:17

And reading the unexpected pregnancy thread lots of gransnetters including myself have behaved in exactly the same way. Perhaps reading it will encourage people to have some empathy.

grandtanteJE65 Thu 29-Oct-20 13:26:34

I don't think anyone can honestly say that someone who has to use a food bank or any other form of social help are doing nothing to help themselves.

There may well be some who do nothing, but most people try very hard to get a job and support themselves.

It is very hard to get work these days and being told by those who have work that they resent their taxes being used to help the unfortunate cannot make their lives easier,

OP, do you know for certain that the fourth child was conceived after the parents became unemployed?