Gransnet forums

AIBU

Hostessing on Christmas Day

(105 Posts)
Carenza123 Sun 20-Dec-20 19:55:36

AIBU when I say I am not looking forward to Christmas Day? We are staying in our home rather than going to our daughter and son-in-laws for Christmas Day because of covid. Our daughter is preparing dinner for three of us and she is delivering three Christmas dinners to us at our house about 10 minutes from her home. My husband 74 and I, 72, are having his sister (80) at ours. Thing is, husband and sister walk with a stick and I know I will be up and down most of the day, as the hostess, waiting on my husband and sister as basically I am the fittest.

kircubbin2000 Tue 22-Dec-20 23:14:23

DiscoDancer1975

Thank you Puzzler61, in which case I’d say to the OP, enjoy, but make sure you don’t anti bac the food by mistake!

That made me laugh. The last time we played tennis one of the girls doused herself with my water bottle and passed it to the others.?

Doodledog Wed 23-Dec-20 12:32:55

Lucca

Sorry I may have pretty much repeated what you said Doodledog.

Great minds think alike, and all that grin.

Eloethan Wed 23-Dec-20 14:01:52

I suppose you could try and look at the positives rather than focus on the negatives.

You are having Christmas Dinner cooked for you

You have your full mobility, unlike your husband and his sister.

Judy54 Sun 27-Dec-20 14:10:17

So Carenza123 how did Christmas day and hostessing go for you. I hope it was better than you anticipated and that you had an enjoyable day with your Husband and Sister in Law.