Gransnet forums

AIBU

Leaving long hair wet on a 7 year old granddaughter

(134 Posts)
Londonia Sat 03-Apr-21 20:42:05

Does anyone else find it unreasonable to leave a child's long (though not particularly thick) hair wet after washing it - rather than using a small hairdryer. I find it unreasonable and have discussed it with daughter and s in law. They just consider it is not necessary. To me it's important for a couple of reasons. Just interested an objective point of view. Thank you. New member.

MoaningTurtle Sat 14-Aug-21 08:53:35

I agree with you OP, I think hair looks much nicer when it’s been gently blow dried as the cuticles are smoothed down, leaving it to dry naturally makes hair look rough and a bit tatty imo.
My granddaughters often go to bed with damp hair and I hate it too but would NEVER say anything to their parents about it lol.

annsixty Sat 14-Aug-21 09:50:20

The whole world is going to hell in a basket and this thread is still running.
It quite frankly amazes me.

Pammie1 Mon 16-Aug-21 08:17:19

Why damage a young healthy head of hair by subjecting it to blow drying. Nothing wrong with letting it dry naturally.

Ali08 Tue 24-Aug-21 07:28:55

I bet this is from the old fallacy that not drying your hair, or going out with wet hair, will give you an awful cold or the flu etc!

BlueBelle Tue 24-Aug-21 07:34:32

I can’t believe this NON problem is still going on and on

NanKate Tue 24-Aug-21 08:05:31

I thought GN was supposed to gave a variety of threads some serious, some light-hearted and some asking questions as this one, etc. If I have nothing useful to say I generally avoid the thread.

So to add my two penuth (don’t know how to spell it). My grandsons don’t dry their hair and sometimes I don’t either, but I don’t leave the house until it is dry as I don’t want to get a chill ?

Lucca Tue 24-Aug-21 08:31:23

A thread from April ???

MawBe Tue 24-Aug-21 08:53:08

Even better Lucca - a non-thread! grin