Gransnet forums

AIBU

To boycott Coca Cola products

(62 Posts)
Pammie1 Sat 29-May-21 14:38:45

Short and sweet. Expecting to get flamed quite a lot. Coca Cola has incorporated ‘be less white’ into their training videos. I find it really offensive and tantamount to reverse racism. AIBU to boycott Coke products from now on ?

nanna8 Tue 22-Jun-21 01:20:41

Apparently non alcoholic beer is getting very popular here and they have made it taste much better recently. Depends why you drink it I suppose. Probably healthier than Coca Cola.My dad used to drink it in the war when they added cocaine to it , probably needed it for courage before the missions I suppose. They were also given cigarettes, same reason.

NotSpaghetti Tue 22-Jun-21 07:37:17

We have found a couple of decent low/no alcohol beers (continental lagers really) over the last year or two.
They retain quite a lot of the aroma, hop flavours, underlying fruity malt taste. Not the same as the alcoholic version but not bad.

Some are truly horrible though! Many have the mouth-feel totally wrong. Some over-compensate with too much malt or too many hops. Many are vaguely metallic.
I expect they will get better over the years - many of the breweries are making versions now and it's quite nice to have some of their complex flavours and bitter maltiness available alcohol free for occasions when you know you will be driving later.

NotSpaghetti Tue 22-Jun-21 07:42:38

Sorry. That's red herring.
This thread is about the Cocoa Cola boycott.

25Avalon Tue 22-Jun-21 09:04:40

Maybe they should add “get less diabetic” to their slogans. They are a big corporation who spend money on advertisements to get more people to buy it and boost their profits. By trying to appear woke it has back fired on them.

Alegrias1 Tue 22-Jun-21 09:17:19

It wasn't a slogan.

It wasn't even something they said or used in their training.

But let's not stop the truth getting in the way of a good old anti-woke finger pointing exercise.

JaneJudge Tue 22-Jun-21 09:20:22

I thought this was to do with Gareth Southgate as he appears to have two bottles superglued to his chest during press conferences

Talullah Tue 22-Jun-21 09:24:35

JaneJudge

I thought this was to do with Gareth Southgate as he appears to have two bottles superglued to his chest during press conferences

That made me laugh, JaneJudge

Thank you so much smile

M0nica Tue 22-Jun-21 09:55:57

To be honest, my dears, I don't give a damn.

Alegrias1 Tue 22-Jun-21 09:59:40

Now are you being really clever there M0nica?

Rhett Butler : Gone with the Wind : Atlanta : HQ of Coca Cola!

M0nica Tue 22-Jun-21 11:54:22

Oh, I hadn't realised that. - or should I have pretended that I did?

Both RB and CC are unpleasant, but try to pretend they aren't.

Alegrias1 Tue 22-Jun-21 13:09:44

wink