Gransnet forums

AIBU

Who is hiding the coffee creme chocolate? Light hearted

(82 Posts)
Poppyjo Wed 06-Oct-21 01:16:43

I am a recovering chocoholic! Well trying to be. One of my favourite flavours has always been coffee creme You always used to get a coffee soft creme in boxes of chocolates. Now there are so many flavoured bars of chocolate you could eat them for breakfast, but dare to try and find coffee flavour you would need to go on a world tour and still be unlucky.

I’ve tried Canada, Australia, Great Britain etc., They even stopped coffee matchmakers and have made a salted caramel matchmaker flavour instead.

So come on, own up who is the coffee creme hoarder?

I think we need a arrange a coffee creme hunt across the world. Anyone want to join me?

Bixiboo Wed 06-Oct-21 23:07:39

Whitakers also make coffee creams, they can be bought on Amazon or some of the coffee roaster shops.

CanadianGran Wed 06-Oct-21 23:26:25

I will leave you all the coffee creams and take the orange or strawberry creams. Especially if it is dark chocolate!

muse Thu 07-Oct-21 00:39:32

Are you thinking of Thornton’s cappuccino chocolates Highlanddreams? Gorgeous. They still make them Poppyjo. I used to buy them by the bag. Nearly as good as their dark chocolate ginger.

Franbern Thu 07-Oct-21 08:26:03

Yesterday, I popped into my local Iceland (Food Warehouse), and there on the shelves were boxes of Coffee Cream Chocs at £1,00 each, Purchased two for Xmas (assuming I can find somewhere to hide them successfully for the next eleven weeks!!!

Elless Thu 07-Oct-21 10:19:29

Another lover of coffee creams here, does anyone remember the Revels advert where they played a sort of roulette game and the man used to be upset when he got the coffee revel - never understood that hmm

HannahLoisLuke Thu 07-Oct-21 11:37:19

I adore coffee chocolates too and before the first lockdown was able to buy coffee creme chocs by the bag from our local branch if Thornton’s but don’t know if they still do them. When I have a bit more time I shall read through the posts here to glean any info as I too crave my chocolate coffee fix.

wintersday Thu 07-Oct-21 11:47:34

I cannot stand coffee creams (or orange/strawberry creams). I am on my second tub of Celebrations at the moment, but I only eat a few a night, I have great willpower!

Theoddbird Thu 07-Oct-21 11:56:53

Am I the only person who never eats chocolate? I just don't have a sweet tooth. That horrible sickly taste left in mouth...not for me.

Jane43 Thu 07-Oct-21 12:02:21

Me too PoppyJo, I absolutely love them. When I was a child there was a factory close by where they packed chocolates and some friends’ mothers worked there; they could get bags of chocolates that didn’t pass quality control very cheap and once we bought a bag that was all coffee creams - they were delicious.

Jane43 Thu 07-Oct-21 12:03:44

I love orange creams too but not strawberry creams even though I love strawberries.

Pearlsaminger Thu 07-Oct-21 12:05:09

Amazon

Crème Coffee Creams 1 Kg (Packaging may vary) www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EB78640/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_05B3MJY2G810A182PAFH?tag=gransnetforum-21

BlueSapphire Thu 07-Oct-21 12:10:14

Ooh, coffee creme is my favourite chocolate too, but rarely found these days.

Purplepoppies Thu 07-Oct-21 12:16:03

I recently made dark chocolate coffee truffles for a friend. I had to make a few extra for quality control obviously! Very nice, very easy! Freezable too ?

Quaver22 Thu 07-Oct-21 12:16:50

When I was teaching I had a colleague who would bring a big bag of Roses coffee creams for her class every January as no one in her family would eat them!

EMMF1948 Thu 07-Oct-21 12:26:12

Ritter Sport used to do a sublime Mocha slab, never really forgiven them for discontinuing it in the '80s.

Whitakers of Skipton do lovely coffee creams, they have a website now the shop's gone. We used to buy bags of 'off-cuts) etc. from there, once bought a bag of corporate squares, hotels names and so on but there were a load from the Royal Yacht Britannia in there too.

Camelotclub Thu 07-Oct-21 12:35:34

These are the sorts of things you find at garden centres, especially before Xmas.

Happysexagenarian Thu 07-Oct-21 12:40:24

I'm another one who loves coffee chocolates, ceams included, though the quality of flavour varies between brands. Whitakers are really nice. I also love coffee ice cream but very few of the commercial brands have the intensity of flavour that I like, so I make my own.

Janet5116 Thu 07-Oct-21 12:53:59

Oh those black boxes tided up with a piece of red ribbon or even the Misshapes in packets. Ate the coffee cremes first then the caramel then the Montelimar - I loved those Black Magic chocolates from being small. I do not like milk chocolate and nowadays we eat Lindt 85%. But those boxes of Black Magic from childhood - I would give the green marzipan away to the other reader gladly in exchange!

Shaunwool Thu 07-Oct-21 12:54:53

Coffee cremes in a chocolate box are one of my least favourite
Chocs.

Shaunwool Thu 07-Oct-21 12:59:20

Coffee cremes in a choc box! One of my least favourite chocolates.

sweetcakes Thu 07-Oct-21 13:02:46

Seacliff and tanith
Google Nigella's no churn espresso coffee ice cream it is simple to make and tastes divine. I use Nesćafe espresso coffee powder.

Claretjan Thu 07-Oct-21 13:06:22

Seeing the mention of Whitakers reminded me how much I love their mint crisps in milk or plain chocolate. Disappointed to hear the shop has closed! I dont like any sort of creams but just found this for you coffe chocolate lovers:
www.whitakerschocolates.com/chocolate-gifts-c4/luxury-chocolate-hampers-c18/whitakers-chocolates-luxury-coffee-chocolate-lovers-hamper-p802
Maybe Santa could bring you one!

Philippa111 Thu 07-Oct-21 13:14:04

When we were young the coffee creams were always left uneaten. Seems to be an acquired taste that not enough people acquire these days...

Tanjamaltija Thu 07-Oct-21 13:25:51

Make your own. Very easy - www.bbcgoodfood.com/user/4776656/recipe/coffee-creams

sharon103 Thu 07-Oct-21 13:33:16

As already mentioned, Iceland have Whitakers Chocolates Coffee Creams 125g a box for £1.
I always get my son these at Christmas. He loves them.