Gransnet forums

AIBU

Daughter out all night

(103 Posts)
Shandy57 Tue 28-Dec-21 20:44:37

I don't think Mums ever stop worrying about their children whatever age they are. When my daughter lived at home I liked to know if she'd be back as we had old fashioned bolts on the inside of the front/back doors, and I'd 'lock up'.

I think asking for a text is reasonable, you can relax then and sleep - just don't be upset if she does turn up in the early hours!

GagaJo Tue 28-Dec-21 20:28:10

I think at 29 you have to accept she can stay out if she pleases. If her daughter isn't there, there isn't really any reason for her to check in with you beforehand, although a text would be polite.

Look at it this way, if you were living apart, you wouldn't know when she stayed out all night and consequently, wouldn't worry.

muggle1965 Tue 28-Dec-21 20:19:25

My 29 year old daughter has returned home as recently split from her partner. They have a 2 year old daughter who also now lives with us. Obviously she has total freedom to come and go as she pleases. However, three times now she has spent the night with friends but not told me so I was expecting her home to sleep. In the morning, I discover her room empty and worry. She thinks I'm being unreasonable as she's an adult so can please herself. I just ask that she sends me a text to say she won't be home. Just to add, her daughter is with her dad on those nights.