Gransnet forums

AIBU

Clubcard

(61 Posts)
MT62 Wed 09-Sept-26 17:48:52

I nipped into Tesco’s to buy a few bits, it was bits as well as I couldn’t load up my clubcard.
Service desk was useless as they couldn’t get it up either.
I ended up buying four tins of beans & a loaf that was on offer with club card, was reduced anyway.
Got to the tills & had a little rant, that I couldn’t do a biggish shop as I had no CC.
Why do we have to have these blinking cards anyway. How do the homeless go on if they have no address, or email to get one of these cards.
All the lady could say was ‘well all stores have them’ I said farm foods don’t & they do money off vouchers.
Why don’t these supermarkets just cut the costs so everyone can benefit?
I don’t think I am being unreasonable to think that.
I know I can trapes back to the supermarket with my receipt, but that’s costing me fuel & wear & tear on my car.

MT62 Thu 10-Sept-26 18:02:30

HobbyCat

The whole point of the Club Card price is to encourage people to have one. If there was no CC the items would be the original price. Homeless people probably wouldn’t be buying £6.50 butter.

I don’t believe those club card offers are genuine. Farm foods charge nothing like the full price of the supermarket.

MT62 Thu 10-Sept-26 18:04:19

I mean hobby cat who is going to pay £9 for a tube of sensodyne toothpaste 😩

win Thu 10-Sept-26 18:18:20

MT62

HobbyCat

The whole point of the Club Card price is to encourage people to have one. If there was no CC the items would be the original price. Homeless people probably wouldn’t be buying £6.50 butter.

I don’t believe those club card offers are genuine. Farm foods charge nothing like the full price of the supermarket.

So Farm Food sell toothpaste??

win Thu 10-Sept-26 18:20:30

labazs

if you go into shops it is a pain
luckily if you do online shopping stores like Co-op Tesco Asda etc store the card and apply the discounts automatically

Why is it a pain in the shop? I truly don't understand that

Ampersand Thu 10-Sept-26 19:14:36

If you take your receipt to the customer service desk next time you visit Tesco they will add the points to your clubcard account - additionally as I discovered only a couple of months ago if any of the items you purchased on that receipt were on a clubcard price offer they will refund you what you missed out on - I was instantly refunded £4.27 - it will state on the receipt Join clubcard today - this visit you missed out on XXXX clubcard points & if there were clubcard prices the total you could have saved - I say thanks Tesco

Marydoll Thu 10-Sept-26 20:39:53

win

MT62

HobbyCat

The whole point of the Club Card price is to encourage people to have one. If there was no CC the items would be the original price. Homeless people probably wouldn’t be buying £6.50 butter.

I don’t believe those club card offers are genuine. Farm foods charge nothing like the full price of the supermarket.

So Farm Food sell toothpaste??

They do in our local Farmfood, along with cleaning materials etc.

Silvershadow Thu 10-Sept-26 20:42:01

I’ve loaded all my cards like Club card onto my wallet on my iPhone. Waitrose, Sparks, local garden centres, all of them. We like Tesco for the club card discounts. Seems to save a lot of money.

MT62 Thu 10-Sept-26 20:49:21

They do Win. Not a lot of choice.
I like the Oral-B, Blue

twiglet77 Thu 10-Sept-26 20:54:21

I’m over 20 miles away from the nearest Farmfoods but the prices in Home Bargains and Savers are much lower than the supermarkets. My DS saw Child’s Farm infant hair and body wash for a fraction of the Waitrise “offer” price! I get Simple shampoo and Arm & Hammer toothpaste (British made) in HB, though my favourite moisturiser is from Aldi. HB are much better for many food items too: milled flax/linseeds, chia seeds, crystallised ginger, chocolate chips, Graham’s (Scottish) butter, big free range eggs (from Ireland, though I do buy locally when they’re at the gate).

The Trolley app is worth having to compare prices, if you’ve time to visit different stores.

MT62 Thu 10-Sept-26 21:10:40

twiglet77

I’m over 20 miles away from the nearest Farmfoods but the prices in Home Bargains and Savers are much lower than the supermarkets. My DS saw Child’s Farm infant hair and body wash for a fraction of the Waitrise “offer” price! I get Simple shampoo and Arm & Hammer toothpaste (British made) in HB, though my favourite moisturiser is from Aldi. HB are much better for many food items too: milled flax/linseeds, chia seeds, crystallised ginger, chocolate chips, Graham’s (Scottish) butter, big free range eggs (from Ireland, though I do buy locally when they’re at the gate).

The Trolley app is worth having to compare prices, if you’ve time to visit different stores.

Been there today. Not as cheap as it used to be to be, but you can get some bargains.
I didn’t know Graham’s was a Scottish brand! I like their yogurt.
I could fill my trolly pre- covid. Just a bit more careful with the pennies these days.